Carnival Miracle

boopie1026

My understanding is that it is a propulsion problem and not stabilizer.

In any case they cancelled two cruises and she should be going into drydock about now.

There were several threads going about this in the past few weeks.

Golfadj

Hi Boopie..I asked this same question a week ago...didn't find out anything..but would also love to hear since I am sailing in May on her! I can't imagine that nothing else will be done and that they won't take advantage of being in drydock to do some improvements!

If I am not mistaken, taking out rooms is possible because they plug them in like lego blocks. The rooms are modules built elsewhere and inserted into the ship. They don't build them at the shipyard.

You are not mistaken. I watched a very interesting show on cruise ship building recently. The cabins are almost completely done when delivered to the dock for installation. The bathrooms are complete, the light fixtures are all in, even most of the furniture is in. They are slid into plce, just like giant Legos. Then the water, electricity, and all other important wiring is done. I believe it takes 40 minutes to do each cabin.

I wish they would add the movies under the stars and the water playground.

Please, G-D, no. Have you sailed a ship with the MutS yet? We were on Liberty last July. We were indundated with television shows every day from early morning until noon. We "got" to watch Animal Planet, Myth Busters, etc. I cruise to get away from the noise and the TV. The volume was so loud that we found no escape. Did it ruin our cruise? Of course not. But it definitely diminished the atmosphere and enjoyment factor.

Please, G-D, no. Have you sailed a ship with the MutS yet? We were on Liberty last July. We were indundated with television shows every day from early morning until noon. We "got" to watch Animal Planet, Myth Busters, etc. I cruise to get away from the noise and the TV. The volume was so loud that we found no escape. Did it ruin our cruise? Of course not. But it definitely diminished the atmosphere and enjoyment factor.

I've never sailed with MUTS, but now that you mention it, I don't think I would want to. I never thought about it that way before. I just thought they put a movie on "under the stars" a.k.a. night time. It must be annoying if there are t.v. shows on during the day while trying to enjoy the pool. I do need an escape from the constant cartoons on at my house :)

I've never sailed with MUTS, but now that you mention it, I don't think I would want to. I never thought about it that way before. I just thought they put a movie on "under the stars" a.k.a. night time. It must be annoying if there are t.v. shows on during the day while trying to enjoy the pool. I do need an escape from the constant cartoons on at my house :)

The movies at night were indeed cool. Picture sitting on a deck lounger with a nice frozen drink in hand, a big towel covering yourself to ward off any breeze, and the stars above.

But the constant noise during the day was just too much. Why must passngers be forced to listen to noise all morning? Why not play music from daylight to sundown? Starting at noon, the TV shows turned into tropical picture slides with piped-in tropical music. We did have a two piece band that played for about half an hour from 12:30-1:00.

I know the big screens are very "in" right now and I hope we can find ships that do not capitulate to the trend.

ellenmb- Question for you! You said you are sailing on the Miracle in May of 2009? I sailed on her in May of 2008 out of NYC. I was hoping to go out of NYC again on her, but Carnival hasn't posted the cruises for that date/embarkation port yet. What port are you sailing out of?

Thanks!! :)

Archived