Jungle Tumble

weloverunning

Question. I am new to tendering... how do you book an excursion like this when you are not sure when you will be off the ship?

I booked the zipline/cave tubing excursion through NCL but would MUCH rather do this since it is the same thing but 60 pp cheaper plus you dont have to do the 45 min walk. Help! I know this is a basic cruising question but I have no clue!

Coastis: Thanks so much for the input!! I am the mom (54 yo) so I will be doing the wet. The kids will probably do the dry as they don't tend to throw up as I do.:eek:

GreaseDJ: We will be on the Pearl 3/29. There are 10 of us going to Jaguar Paw. The tour operators know about tenders. They also track when the ship arrives. We received an email stating where they will be waiting for us when we get off of the tender. They have everything set. They make their living this way so will also be sure to get you back to the ship on time. Even though we almost always book independently, there have been numerous times when we have been on a bus with a lot of people who booked directly through the cruisline and paid a lot more than us. It kind of reasures you that the ship won't be leaving without you since they have their tour on the same bus. We are doing extreme ziplining in Roatan through Pirates of the Caribean. They also sent direction where to meet them and whats included etc., Let me know if you have any questions.

I am really interested in the jungle tumble. However I am not interested in hanging around at the resort the rest of the afternoon. I called and they said it is no problem for our guide to bring us back to the dock after our excursion. Sooo I am wondering how long it takes to get there and how long to do the tumble? I really want to have some time to shop in belize and eat at a local restaurant! Thanks so much!

Coastis: Thanks so much for the input!! I am the mom (54 yo) so I will be doing the wet. The kids will probably do the dry as they don't tend to throw up as I do.:eek:

GreaseDJ: We will be on the Pearl 3/29. There are 10 of us going to Jaguar Paw. The tour operators know about tenders. They also track when the ship arrives. We received an email stating where they will be waiting for us when we get off of the tender. They have everything set. They make their living this way so will also be sure to get you back to the ship on time. Even though we almost always book independently, there have been numerous times when we have been on a bus with a lot of people who booked directly through the cruisline and paid a lot more than us. It kind of reasures you that the ship won't be leaving without you since they have their tour on the same bus. We are doing extreme ziplining in Roatan through Pirates of the Caribean. They also sent direction where to meet them and whats included etc., Let me know if you have any questions.

make that 12 of us! Garrett and I will be on the 3/29 Pearl and are doing the Jaguar Paw Zip/Cavetube/Tumble... hope to see you at the roll call and then enjoy the day with you in the jungle!

James

Has anyone done the Jungle Tumble at Jaguar Paw Resort? We are booked for the cave tubing and jungle tumble on our 3/29 cruise. Still haven't heard from anyone who did the jungle tumble. Any one?

We did Jungle Tumble @ Jaguar Paw in December. It was a combo with cave tubing & rapelling, so we only had one roll. We were told it was not safe to do the wet roll (I'm not sure why but didn't question it) so by default, we did the dry roll. We didn't have a preference anyway so not a big deal.

They strapped us in to a giant ball (both of us in one ball) and essentially pushed us down a hill. We rolled down. I didn't time it, but my guess is it lasted about 45 seconds.

I did not like it, but I tend to get dizzy. My sister loved it and thought it was a great thrill. I think a good rule of thumb would be if you get dizzy on a tilt-a-whirl ride, you will get dizzy here! I would do it again but only on the wet one because I'd like to give it a shot. I would not repeat the dry one but I am glad I tried it.

It is almost an hour drive each way to Jaguar Paw Resort and the Jungle Tumble - including the walk to/from the resort and getting strapped in - takes only about 20 minutes, so I would not trek all the way out there just to roll down the hill :rolleyes: However, if you are at Jaguar Paw for cave tubing or another activity anyway, it's worth the extra $10 or whatever to try it.

I've attached some photos from our trip...unfortunately I don't have one from the inside of the ball because they took my camera away from me for "safety" reasons but at least you can see the main gist of the activity.

zorb1.jpg.b9cbecbae97070f62a5dd0c781ff1366.jpg

zorb2.jpg.d9ff220f789841cd1bb069c1406361f0.jpg

I think the cave tubing and jungle tumble would be fun - I'm just hestitate to book outside of the cruise line - I don't want to be left in Belize!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you'd have a problem! We were in port 8am-6pm and by the time we were tendered to Belize, it was 9am. We had plenty of time for three activities and lunch at Jaguar Paw and were back at port around 3pm. We did some shopping (weren't impressed) and tendered back to the ship around 4.

We will be in Belize on the 11th of March. Our family of 6 has booked with Jaguar Paw for the Triple ! Cave tubing, zipline, and the Jungle Tumble(Giant Hamster ball) All four of our daughters are fired up about it ages 27,25, 20 and 11. Mom and Dad not so sure except for the tubing !!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone do the wet version yet? I'll be in Belize in November and I'm already too excited for the Jungle Tumble. I'm signing up for the combo package for all 3 activities. Would love all the reviews on this! Thanks for the pics. They're great!

Kat: I will be doing the wet version on April 1st. I can't do the dry due to the issue of puking if I go upside down:eek: . I will let you know how we made out when we get back.

Thanks. I can't wait to read the review!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are back from our cruise. As previously discussed, we were a party of ten who set up cave tubing and jungle tumble ahead of time. We met our tour guide Clarence at the Sheraton (short walk) as planned. It is a longgggg drive to Jaguar Paw. Probably an hour or so. We arrived at Jaguar Paw at the same time as the cruise ship buses. Therefore, we opted to Jungle Tumble first to allow time for all of the other passengers to get done with the cave tubing. We hiked about 5-10 minutes to the Jungle Tumble. There was a party of 4 ahead of us. It is a very time consuming thing. I would guess it takes about 8 minutes per person. They put you in the ball, put some water in it, put the plug in, and then have to inflate the plug so it stays in. They push you off and you roll down the hill. I would guess it takes about 45 seconds. Now the time consuming part. After you get out, they have to manually push the ball back UP the hill. Then the next person gets in, water added, plug inflated etc. So we waited for the party of 4 to finish (about 30 mins) then there was ten of us. There was a party of 9 behind us who had to wait almost 1 1/2 hours for us:( They would not allow dry which is odd because on one of the posts above said they were not allowed to do wet. Who knows? We all would have opted for wet anyway. It was a blast and the kids were able to do flips and run in the ball etc. I was content to slosh around down the hill. It is one of those "Been there, done that" things. I probably wouldn't do it again unless there wasn't a line. We then went to cave tube. By then, there were no lines. Once again, I wouldn't do cave tubing again. I guess I was expecting something special. It's a once in a lifetime thing. We had lunch at about 2:00 and Clarence got us back to the port shortly after 3:00. Don't get me wrong. We had a great time but I think its because we had such a rowdy partying group of ten which made it more fun.

Thanks for the review! Gives us something to think about. I was not crazy about cave tubing either when we did it a couple years ago.

How did you like the company? Did the driver and/or guides talk to you much about the country, etc.?

We were thinking about doing the ziplinging and zorbing. But there are only 2 of us. Wondering if we should just stick with the ziplining....

any other recent reviews out there???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived