Wyndham vs. Breezes

Brenda33

I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is. I can't decide between the Wyndham for $40 per person including lunch. I do know the Wyndham has a waterslide that I enjoy......or Breezes, all inclusive, for $55 (after coupon) per person. Is there a water slide at Breezes? What are the pros and cons of each property. Does anyone have experience at both of these resorts to compare and help me make a decision? We will be there in June arriving from the Carnival Miracle. What are the crowds like at Breezes? Is it really crowded? I've been to the Wyndham so I know about that place.....except I've never had the lunch....so would love to hear about anyone's experience with that. I just need to get a clearer idea of breezes in detail. Thanks so much for all help.

I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is. I can't decide between the Wyndham for $40 per person including lunch. I do know the Wyndham has a waterslide that I enjoy......or Breezes, all inclusive, for $55 (after coupon) per person. Is there a water slide at Breezes? What are the pros and cons of each property. Does anyone have experience at both of these resorts to compare and help me make a decision? We will be there in June arriving from the Carnival Miracle. What are the crowds like at Breezes? Is it really crowded? I've been to the Wyndham so I know about that place.....except I've never had the lunch....so would love to hear about anyone's experience with that. I just need to get a clearer idea of breezes in detail. Thanks so much for all help.

If having drinks included is important, then Breezes would be my pick.. for sure.

Also.. at breeze, you won't have any kids.. wyndham is family oriented.

Beach is nicer at Breezes, but at the wynhdam, you can use the sheraton beach..

Depends on what's important.

I'm not a fan of breezes, but it serves it's purpose for a day trip.

how is the beach at breezes...snorkeling wise?? i looked at the website and it looks as though there is alot of coral, is the water deep enough to snorkel or is it 2ft? i have learned to ask!

as mentioned, the beach at wyndham is not what u would think. it is off to the side, like dug intot he property, not frsh ocean water, waves...regular beach..when i was there it was the marriott crystal palace and the water had a terrible odor to it. yes, u can use the sheraton beach next door..

cindy

how is the beach at breezes...snorkeling wise?? i looked at the website and it looks as though there is alot of coral, is the water deep enough to snorkel or is it 2ft? i have learned to ask!

as mentioned, the beach at wyndham is not what u would think. it is off to the side, like dug intot he property, not frsh ocean water, waves...regular beach..when i was there it was the marriott crystal palace and the water had a terrible odor to it. yes, u can use the sheraton beach next door..

cindy

Breezes beach is very nice.. but there's no snorkeling from shore. (most of the area surround Nassau / PI have reefs that are depleted or dead from overuse, construction and leeching.

Sheraton has a bit of snorkeling near the rocks off the beach.

I think I am going to try Breezes only because I have never been there before. I will miss the Wyndham slide.....but the ship has a slide!! I'm a big kid at heart. LOL You can't go to Breezes until 10 a.m. though?...correct? We are in port from 9 I believe. Oh, one more question.....what is the age group at Breezes? I honestly don't want to be around too many wild young kids. Although, I do enjoy watching pool games, etc. :)

I think I am going to try Breezes only because I have never been there before. I will miss the Wyndham slide.....but the ship has a slide!! I'm a big kid at heart. LOL You can't go to Breezes until 10 a.m. though?...correct? We are in port from 9 I believe. Oh, one more question.....what is the age group at Breezes? I honestly don't want to be around too many wild young kids. Although, I do enjoy watching pool games, etc. :)

Depends on when you are going. During Spring Break and up to April 19th.. you'll have a ton of spring breakers partying. After that.. it's a mix of ages and children 14 and up (although there is rarely any children there.. it's really an adult location).

This holds true for any property on the island during spring break.. The places will be crowded with Breakers.

As for you 7 am arrival. Nothing opens til 9am.. so I suggest you enjoy your breakfast and head out around 9. By the time you get to Breezes and check in.. it will be 10am.

Scubagirl- you are a great help!!

I had first wanted to do the sea lion, but it was full, then we wanted to do the segway, but my dd will be fresh outta of cast on her arm , and have serious surgery. Then I signed up for the sea lion with bestonbahamas- but it was at 3:30 and you thought we would not have time. I agreed and they have nothing earlier. Blue Lagoon's earliers are still full.

My question is: what do you think would be best for our family of 3. My dd is 9, but needs something low-key but not boring! I was thinking about Wyndham day pass after reading the above post. But, was also wondering about Blue Lagoon for the day pass. Or even the pirate museum- even though she is not into the pirate stuff...

Any input you can provide is always greatly appreciated!! Thanks-- and if anyone else can throw in would also be great!! We leave in 19 days (woohoo)

Scubagirl- you are a great help!!

I had first wanted to do the sea lion, but it was full, then we wanted to do the segway, but my dd will be fresh outta of cast on her arm , and have serious surgery. Then I signed up for the sea lion with bestonbahamas- but it was at 3:30 and you thought we would not have time. I agreed and they have nothing earlier. Blue Lagoon's earliers are still full.

My question is: what do you think would be best for our family of 3. My dd is 9, but needs something low-key but not boring! I was thinking about Wyndham day pass after reading the above post. But, was also wondering about Blue Lagoon for the day pass. Or even the pirate museum- even though she is not into the pirate stuff...

Any input you can provide is always greatly appreciated!! Thanks-- and if anyone else can throw in would also be great!! We leave in 19 days (woohoo)

How about the stingrays at Blackbeards Cay. They are penned in and you can walk into the water. (not open water like Grand Cayman). They are debarbed and safe.

Check for your cruiseship tour or check out the schedules on

http://bestonbahamas.com/tour/Tours?tour_id=194

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=NAS&tcode=004410

We're thinking of going to Breezes for the day -- this may have been asked before, but I can't seem to find it with the search function -- what's the easiest way to get there and back from the cruise ship terminal?

#10 jitney from downtown on George St (just ask the locals it's easy).

The cost is $1.25 pp. Just ask them to drop you at Breezes and pay as you leave the bus.. No change given.

To return.. just go out to the street and flag down the #10 going back to town.

They run til 6pm.

Breezes is an adults only location .. kids under 14 are not allowed. During Spring Break minimun age is 18 (although we are hearing otherwise lately).

#10 jitney from downtown on George St (just ask the locals it's easy).

The cost is $1.25 pp. Just ask them to drop you at Breezes and pay as you leave the bus.. No change given.

To return.. just go out to the street and flag down the #10 going back to town.

They run til 6pm.

Breezes is an adults only location .. kids under 14 are not allowed. During Spring Break minimun age is 18 (although we are hearing otherwise lately).

Great, thanks! All adults on this cruise! How long is the ride? And what if we wanted to take a cab?

Is it easy to travel by jitney with 2 toddlers below 3 and strollers in hand? Should we just use cab?

If we wanted to tour the island [maybe for 2 hours] and be dropped off at Atlantis, how much would a cab cost?

What kind of pass should be buy at Atlantis that allows us the use of pool, but not the waterslides? Will the toddlers have to pay, too?

Is it easy to travel by jitney with 2 toddlers below 3 and strollers in hand? Should we just use cab?

If we wanted to tour the island [maybe for 2 hours] and be dropped off at Atlantis, how much would a cab cost?

What kind of pass should be buy at Atlantis that allows us the use of pool, but not the waterslides? Will the toddlers have to pay, too?

With toddlers and strollers I would use a cab. Jitneys are usually packed and not alot of extra room (even fold down seats in the aisles).

You would have to negotiate at tour.. but I hear they usually run about $20 pp. Not sure about the toddlers.

As for pool passes, there are none for atlantis that don't include the waterpark.. so you would have to pay $105 per adult. Not sure what the age is for toddlers. I suspect 3 . Beach passes are $65pp.

You'd be better off at the British Colonial if you are looking for a pool to relax in; $20 for adults, $10 for kids. and it's just a few blocks from the pier.

Archived