Worst food on an RCI ship?

CruiserFox

I'll concur that the biscuits & wallpaper paste errr... gravy were nasty but taking a biscuit, a bowl of fresh strawberries, slicing them up and top it off with some whipped cream from the ice cream bar made an amazing strawberry shortcake for dessert!

I know that food is subjective to many that cruise. Saying that.........we do eat in the dining room.........for lunch on sea days......where the most incredible salads are made to order.

Dinner.......over the past 30 cruises.......and we have over 100 with RCCL, we will eat at the MDR at a maximum of one night per cruise.

We know that some are aboard to eat........and to those I will tell you.....follow the Head Chefs that you like.........to get the best food.

The difference between one Head Chef and another is like food to gunk!

And the difference between food purchased here in America, versus food purchased in Europe........is like day and night. European food does not have all of the preservatives that we cram into our food.

If food is the entire criteria.........I understand that Carnival puts out excellent food. No a rumor......my DW states it.

We have had better food.............and worse food on Princess, and again I feel it's what the Executive chef, or Head chef......does to make the food edible.

If the food on RCCL were inedible.............I would guess that their ships would sail empty.

So, I understand some of the issues here, I do not believe that the issue is so great, that major changes need to be made.

JMHO!!:);)

Rick

I know that food is subjective to many that cruise. Saying that.........we do eat in the dining room.........for lunch on sea days......where the most incredible salads are made to order.

Dinner.......over the past 30 cruises.......and we have over 100 with RCCL, we will eat at the MDR at a maximum of one night per cruise.

We know that some are aboard to eat........and to those I will tell you.....follow the Head Chefs that you like.........to get the best food.

The difference between one Head Chef and another is like food to gunk!

And the difference between food purchased here in America, versus food purchased in Europe........is like day and night. European food does not have all of the preservatives that we cram into our food.

If food is the entire criteria.........I understand that Carnival puts out excellent food. No a rumor......my DW states it.

We have had better food.............and worse food on Princess, and again I feel it's what the Executive chef, or Head chef......does to make the food edible.

If the food on RCCL were inedible.............I would guess that their ships would sail empty.

So, I understand some of the issues here, I do not believe that the issue is so great, that major changes need to be made.

JMHO!!:);)

Rick

Hi Rick,

When you say follow the head chef that you like, to get the best food, do you mean we'll have the opportunity to meet several and talk with them?

We're such foodies that I think we might need to cruise Holland America or another for our next cruise (Crystal is out of our price range, and we don't like the vibe of Carnival).

Archived