Help on Enchantment of the Seas

uromac

Hi!

I'm helping my friend's dh book a surprise trip on Enchantment of the Seas - 7 day Western on 12/20/04 (Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Nassau) as a surprise for his family. My question is, since I have never been on RCCL, or that ship what are the best places to be, things to do, and cabin location (aft or starboard on that ship (He is thinking cat G). Besides the rock climbing wall, what is particularly unique to that ship, and is there anything they should do before hand!

Thanks!

Melissa

The Enchantment is an awesome ship - one of my favorites. There's just something about 'her' that's wonderful - not too big, not too small, service is excellent and the ship itself is just beautiful. I looked at the layout of the ship, and it doesn't appear that there are any aft cat G cabins. I'd say he should just get a cabin mid-ship, but can't say whether starboard or port is better. But look at it this way . . what he doesn't see leaving, he'll see returning! I'd suggest looking at RCCL's website about this ship, and looking thru the excursions. Whether or not you book thru RCCL, it'll give you an idea of the types of things there are to do in port.

In my opinion, you just can't go wrong on The Enchantment.

M.

Enchantment is a great ship. I have been on her twice in the last two years. We sailded once on the 4th floor and once on the 8th floor. Both times our cabin was in the center of the ship and I will say the 8th floor was much better. On the 4th floor you could hear lots of noise in the middle of the nights. I just put in some ear plugs and was fine but it was still a little annoying. There is nothing particularly unique to the ship. I would say our favorite places to be on the ship were the schooner bar. Piano player was very entertaining. If you are new to RCCL be sure to check out the QUEST, it is a game where people are all encouraged to play and it is funny as can be. It's a scavenger hunt of sorts. Here's a tip, when you go to the theater sit down stairs. It gets really hot upstairs.

I have to agree. The Enchantment is my favorite ship. I was just on

her a couple of months ago. I enjoyed the poolside band. They played

normal music but with a caribbean flair. It seemed the entertainment

was geared to my age group. I'm 41 and my BF is 34. There was an

excellant Tina Turner review one night. Also, check out the Love and

Marraige Game. Matt Baker does a good job as cruise director. Seventies

night in the disco will be packed. It's a great ship and a great itinerary.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I also have another question - how many formal, informal,casual, or special nights (e.g. theme nights - 50's, pirate, etc...) do they have on board the Enchantment of the Seas.

Thanks for all your info - it's hard to find this info on the particular ship.

Have a great day!

Melissa

I was just on her last month - the week before she got "hit" :eek: We enjoyed the Schooner Bar quite a bit - cheesy piano playing LOL. 8 floor mid ship w/ balcony. Nothing like waking up in Belize and seeing the ruins - it was like we traveled back in time. Don't miss The Quest and Love & Marriage game also entertaining. Matt Baker was a hoot but I hear he's leaving RC to head to Hollywood some time soon :( I recommend going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel - highlight of our trip!!!!!

I have sailed on the enchantment twice in the last year and enjoyed the ship very much. Both times I stayed on deck 4 inside cabin mid ship actually just about 5 cabins from the centrum/champagne bar and found it quiet and very conveineint to meet up with others in the centrum and to access decks 5 and 6 where all the lounges etc are. The outside cabins on deck 4 ( cat F) sold out quickly otherwise I would have taken one of those.

I'm not sure when this is going to happen, but the Enchantment is going to be lengthened.

Cpt Charles of Rhapsody is being reassigned to Enchantment during the process. They are going to cut it in half and put in a 56' section.

Archived