Beach break without going through Carnival?

ArmyWife82490

My Fiance (will be husband) and I are wanting to do a beach break at Roatan, but are not wanting to go through Carnival to do this. He also thinks that it would be cheaper to just get a taxi and go to the beach. Can you just hop on a taxi and tell them to take you to a beach? (Remind you, this is first cruise, so we're newbies at this). If so, which ones? Thanks in advance :)

we got a private van for the day. we did shopping, seen both the east and west side of the island, visited the iguana farm and beach time. Canopy is the zip-line. it was a great tour and we were very pleased with the driver.:)

(zip-lines is where you swing on cables it was very fun)

tania (costatraveler)

islandertoursdotcom will drop you at the beach and return to pick you up later. that was the cheapest transportation i came across without doing a tour. if you just want to hang out at the beach and snorkel, then this might be what you're looking for. you can get a taxi or bus to take you, but from what i have read, you might be better off going with a reputable company.

You should consider Fins and Flippers. It is a 12 acre island only minutes from the ship and the cost is $20 per person booked ahead on the internet. You can check out several other threads on this site to review, but they have a gift shop, grill/bar, swimming pool, gardens and a beautiful beach. The beach is not good for swimming because of sea weeds, but there is great snorkeling further out.

There are lots of reputable Independent Tour operators that can take you wherever you want to go, and if its a beach day, then some of them include a reserved lounge chair and a free cocktail.

The better operators get you access to a resort's facilities, since there are no public facilities on beaches such as West Bay beach.

Obviously, there are some operators that are better than others.:cool:

Have a great trip!

There are lots of reputable Independent Tour operators that can take you wherever you want to go' date=' and if its a beach day, then some of them include a reserved lounge chair and a free cocktail.

The better operators get you access to a resort's facilities, since there are no public facilities on beaches such as West Bay beach.

Obviously, there are some operators that are better than others.:cool:

Have a great trip![/quote']

i looked at you website, i have a party of seven that needs to get to west bay beach and back, no resorts or anything, we are bringing our own snorkel gear. can i ask how your price compares to juan carlos? we don't just want to hop in a taxi, but i am trying to keep my costs down because i have the unfortunate position of paying for everything.

• 2 weeks later...
My Fiance (will be husband) and I are wanting to do a beach break at Roatan, but are not wanting to go through Carnival to do this. He also thinks that it would be cheaper to just get a taxi and go to the beach. Can you just hop on a taxi and tell them to take you to a beach? (Remind you, this is first cruise, so we're newbies at this). If so, which ones? Thanks in advance :)

We were in Roatan last October and it was $50 round trip for the 4 of us, total, not per person. We took a cab and experienced no problems. Friends of ours did the same months before and had no problems also. There are hundreds of cab drivers "hounding" you when you get off the ship, we just picked one and went. He would have taken us anywhere we wanted for the same price, he waited for us at the beach and was a great source of information about the island. We were traveling with our kids (12 and 17) and felt safe the whole time. We are going again in September and will be doing the same. Hope this helps and you enjoy your trip!

When I was in Roatan in February, we took a taxi ($10/per person round trip) to the beach... We ate at the restaurant at Infinity Bay... it was delish! Bananarama smelled good too. :) There was snorkeling equipment available for rent on the beach, and the water was insanely awesome... So doing it this way you don't get a beach chair, but I didn't want it anyway.... I was in that gorgeous water. SUNSCREEN!!! This was the one port where it seemed like everyone got burnt because it totally sneaks up on you here, idk why.

Archived