Cave Tubing Pictures

navybaby1113

I was wondering about that. It seems that every pic I see is of everyone in the group linked up like a train. I just don't think I would like that. I like to do my own thing. I think it would be much more enjoyable to just float by yourself without having to hang onto someone and someone hanging on to you. I will check this company out for sure!

I was nervous about being hooked to others as I felt like you did, but once we did it, I was so glad to be linked up! The caves are big and dark (and I'm a chicken and thought they were scary!) and hard to maneuver in. I think I would have hated not being linked up and worried about being left behind. Linking gave me a nice feeling of security and after the first 5 seconds wasn't really that weird. Just my $.02.

It's always good to have different opinions on anything, what is comfortable for me may not be for someone else. When I'm planning my excursions I like to have lots of posts to read over, thanks of your $.02:)

How do you stay together. Do you have to hold hands or are the tubes tied together? What kind of water are you getting in? Is it a spring (very ice cold water) or just a stagnate river? Is there alligators and snakes possible?

The water is very clean and clear not like river water but like you would expect in a stream with a rock bottom. I only saw a few alligators and a couple snakes. I was told they only attack women so i didn't worry much.:D

I saw a couple of questions about cameras. <photographer here> If your camera is not waterproof, do not take it on a tubing trip. There are casings you can purchase now available for digital cameras - that may be a good idea if this will not be the only time you use it. If this is a one time thing a disposable will be fine. (A camera is just a box with a hole to allow for light - the difference comes in when you know how to use your box.) Some of the disposable waterproof cameras list the ISO (film speed) on the outside of the box. In a disposable ISO 200 is great for daylight, bright beach day; ISO 400 is general use; and ISO 800 is your best bet if it's going to be dark such as inside the caves.

So if you are picking up a disposable waterproof camera for cave tubing I suggest the 800 - your pictures may be grainy, but they have the best chance of coming out. If you want more photos like the ones on this thread with the sun light & jungle go for the lower ISO as you will get better quality photos.

Archived