NCL GEM Best Barcelona departure flight time

HKG

We called NCL yesterday inquiring as to a proper flight time after arriving back in Barcelona on the Gem. We were told that the cruise line will not guarantee making a flight before 10 a.m. though it might be possible to do so if you take your own bags off the ship. That is allowed before 7 a.m. when the regular disembarking begins. We then decided on paying more and not booking a flight until 10:30 instead of the 9:45 we had planned. The port is about 10 miles from the airport and the drive by taxi should be less than 30 minutes.

We called NCL yesterday inquiring as to a proper flight time after arriving back in Barcelona on the Gem. We were told that the cruise line will not guarantee making a flight before 10 a.m. though it might be possible to do so if you take your own bags off the ship.

Nice to know...as our flight leaves at 10:00AM. :D

What day of the week? We were off the Gem on a Sunday and waiting at the gate at the airport by 7:30 am. Took our own bags off and easily got a taxi. Beware that even with the 10:30 flight, airline might change you to earlier anyway. (They can go 3 hrs. either way I'm told)

I know, flight before 9:30 is much cheaper. I'm looking for flight back to Seattle, and so far Continental are the cheapest, but its only on the 9am flight.

If it is really "much" cheaper think about spending a night in Barcelona rather then giving the airline the extra $$$.

I know, flight before 9:30 is much cheaper. I'm looking for flight back to Seattle, and so far Continental are the cheapest, but its only on the 9am flight.

What day of the week? We were off the Gem on a Sunday and waiting at the gate at the airport by 7:30 am. Took our own bags off and easily got a taxi. Beware that even with the 10:30 flight, airline might change you to earlier anyway. (They can go 3 hrs. either way I'm told)

You may want to check with the folks on the Cruise Air board. I've read a few posts where they weren't so thrilled with Continental because of the shifting flight times.

Though flight times seem to shift alot, overseas seem to do less. Others have talked about getting to airport in time for 10am flights, or slightly earlier. I would seriously look at enjoying a night in Barcelona. Stay on or near Ramblas to wind down from the cruise and not WORRY about catching a flight.

After talking to NCL, we took the 10:30 a.m. flights out of Barcelona instead of 9:45 a.m. which would have been $100 pp less. As some of us have to be at work on Monday we don't have the option of another day in Barcelona, though that would have been nice. Our flight to Barcelona is on Swiss and our return flight on SAS, $650 p/p rt from Chicago, for the later time. Is anyone familiar with service on those airlines or the airports at Zurich or Copenhagen?

Archived