Are you allowed to bring wine onboard the dream

JoeandSheryl

I think that the "Standard Operating Procedures" regarding alcohol for all cruiselines is that you are not "allowed" to bring your own. It is my observation that it is "hit or miss" regarding the enforcement of these rules. I have cruised on the Celebrity Horizon and the NCL Sun. Both times I brought back 12 packs of beer and mabe a single small bottle of the island fare (Rum, Whiskey, etc...) and run them (not bagged, by themselves) through the scanners while boarding from ports and had some in my checked bag while embarking from the home port and no one has said a thing. I just picked up my things and marched on board. However, some folks were bringing large cartons (4 to 6 bottles) of quart bottles of (whatever) and were asked to secure them with the ship until midnight before disembarkation.

Bottomr line is: bring a little in your bag if you want, pick up a little at each port if you like, - the idea I think is that you're still going to buy poolside cocktails and dinner drinks. But if you're loading for bear, they'll take issue and politely ask you to check your kegs at the door.

Hi Joe and Sheryl. We'll be on the Dream with you on the 12th. From what I've read on these boards, you can take wine on board but they will charge you a corkage fee. I believe is about $10.00 per bottle. That of coarse is if they know you brought it on board. Many people bring their own wine for dinner. Good luck and see you on board.

Engineer

Archived