Cruise critic or housework?

krogerlady

I check this site several times a day! I just love all the excitment and unknown questions. You do see the same question asked a thousand times, but I still click on them to see if anything is new.LOL

Plus, you truly do make friends just by the internet. You get to know certain posters personalities etc....

It is also just too much dang FUN!!!!

(PS: I check here from work too. Just like now. LOL)

There is hope for me!! I actually got some housework done today!! Also spent hours online trying to nail down excursions and transportation, but all in all, much has been accomplished. And yes, I agree...its fun. And I to read almost all the posts, even if the question has been asked before. I might even have something to add, but this thread has been one of the most smile enspiring ones of all!! We are not alone!!

I just joined this site last week and Im hooked! Ive been on other forum's,but they have not held my attention like this one has! and Im so with yall in the housework stuff. But right now Im taking diet pills to loose weight,so I physically cannot just sit still,lol. So I chain smoke and drink coffee to keep myself busy,lol. I sweep and do laundry. Kinda like Love1 another said, on her "breaks",lol. I'm a SAHM, and I'm mainly on in the AM beofre the kids get up! But lately,its been all the time! IM freaking hooked already. My fingers sail over the keypad,thanks to the Adipex,lol!!!:D

Good morning...I was running late for work every morning because I was checking mail and reading messages so I had to start setting my clock earlier. It helped. Besides, I never do housework before work, so I didn't feel guilty siting here!! Peaceful with a cup of coffee and the news in the background.

As soon as I wake up in the morning I switch on my pc then I go and get my shower and switch on the kettle.

By the time I've showered and made coffee the computer is all booted up.

Then I click on Firefox (which takes forever to load up) and I go and get dressed for work. Then I click on CC and Forums which also takes ages to load and I go and brush my teeth. Then I sit down to check the overnight posts before going to work.

At weekends I reward myself with CC time after doing a bit of housework ie vaccuum, check CC posts. Make the bed, check CC posts etc. Eventually the work gets done.

As far as I'm concerned the more time I spend on CC the less housework I am creating. :D

Carol

My husband told me I'm way too addicted to the Cruise Critic and Carnival Connections boards. I can't help it. I love finding new things to read while killing the time until my next cruise (9-19-09).:D I also seem to have a lot of laundry and housework to do, there's only the 2 of us and our 2 crazy cats (blame them for some of the messes).

Carol - you got it all figured out "the more time I spend on CC the less house work I am creating"!!! That is the way to think of it!!

This morning I forced myself to do my chores before reading the boards - now I have all afternoon to hangout!! Kind of a good plan for a Friday afternoon. Besides when everyone gets home they will think that I have been cleaning all day (you gotta love the smell of bleach and the lines in the carpet from the vacuum)!!

Happy Friday everyone

Shelly

I did get 2 things accomplished earlier today. Updating my credit card information for the hotel I booked in Port Canaveral the day before our cruise and scheduling the hotel shuttle pick up time. I got the earliest one of the day.:p The sooner I can get on the ship, the happier I'll be.

I did get 2 things accomplished earlier today. Updating my credit card information for the hotel I booked in Port Canaveral the day before our cruise and scheduling the hotel shuttle pick up time. I got the earliest one of the day.:p The sooner I can get on the ship, the happier I'll be.

So, if I just booked the hotel for our Sept. cruise does that mean that I don't have to do any other chores today? I love this board!! You gals (guys too) rock!

So, if I just booked the hotel for our Sept. cruise does that mean that I don't have to do any other chores today? I love this board!! You gals (guys too) rock!

Well, obviously not!!:) I can lose days here. Me and hubby fight over the computer. We want to know everything.:D

That's what I'm doing right now, so sad but true. I will be leaving in 23 days and everything is about the cruise. I'm more excited than usual because my boyfriend and his son are going with us for the first time. No matter what we're doing it reminds me of something I have to tell them about the cruise. They think I have totally lost it.

I use to just read the Alaska forum, and occasionally the Carnival or first time cruisers. Alaska has gotten very repetitive, so I am reading a lot of the other boards. Visited once in another roll call. Had to quit that...mercy!! Did some laundry today, cleaned up my kitchen good and mopped the floors. Tried to take a nap because I have two days off and we are going out for the evening. Nap didn't happen, so here i am again. It will be good for me to be off the boards tonight....besides....I can catch up tomorrow!! Ha ha...that's the same thing I say with the housework!!

I can't seem to get away from these boards and we don't even have a cruise planned right now. Wolud like to do a mediterranean cruise and that takes a lot of research so need to get started. After I go to Curves , I turn on the computer, start reading while eating breakfast and before you know it a few hours have gone by. CC is great!

I saw this thread and couldn't resist posting.

After reading all the posts, I see a lot are new posters...Welcome!

Between house work and Cruise Critic, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one I chose!

House work always gets done, but CC comes first!!! :D

The closer our cruises get to day of sailing them more I am glued to the computer.....I am a CC junkie!!

Congratulations Diamond Cruiser!!

You said your housework gets done!! Mine is a lick and a promise or an ugly stare!! Some of it gets done, sort of, could always get done "better", and a lot of it jut plain gets put off. Although, I must admit, in all honesty, I do work a physically demanding job 8 hours a day, and while a lot of my co-workers go home and take a nap...especially the men while wifey cooks supper.....I sit, but not in a lazy boy, but at my computer, no nap. And I cook for myself. The kitchen doesn't get full of pots and pans and dishes...often its just a microwave box and dish, throw the fork in the dishwasher. The laundry is pretty simple, but the vacuuming is rough. Got a new wind tunnel vacuum and its totally the pitts to make it move...it sux too hard. BTW, what one housework job do you put off the most?

Congratulations Diamond Cruiser!!

You said your housework gets done!! Mine is a lick and a promise or an ugly stare!! Some of it gets done, sort of, could always get done "better", and a lot of it jut plain gets put off. Although, I must admit, in all honesty, I do work a physically demanding job 8 hours a day, and while a lot of my co-workers go home and take a nap...especially the men while wifey cooks supper.....I sit, but not in a lazy boy, but at my computer, no nap. And I cook for myself. The kitchen doesn't get full of pots and pans and dishes...often its just a microwave box and dish, throw the fork in the dishwasher. The laundry is pretty simple, but the vacuuming is rough. Got a new wind tunnel vacuum and its totally the pitts to make it move...it sux too hard. BTW, what one housework job do you put off the most?

That would be the floors! We have mostly tile, and while I dry swiffer 2 or 3 times a week, I hate to mop them! I also hate doing the bathrooms....but I do like a shinny clean smelling bathroom, so it gets a light cleaning daily! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, am addicted to CruiseCritic. I get to work at 7:00, print out the schedule for the conference room, get my first cup of coffee, then log onto CC. My favorite is the Member Reviews of cruises. It amazes me that people can be on the same cruise and have completely different opinions. I'm just so happy to be on the ship that I usually don't have bad experiences. My next cruise is the Baltics in September, and I can't wait!!

Hello all of you CC junkies :DI am so glad that I am not alone. I work evenings

so I have a greater incentive to get up and do the house work. After I have done the bedroom and laid out my clothes for work, I make the coffee, let the dog out

and when he comes in I sit here for about 4.5 hours until it is time to get dressed.

Then when I get home at night, I prepare a cocktail and spend about 2-3 hrs just reading. But I do have a question what is the Whale tail Club.??? I have been a member for a while and have just begun to notice the Carnival tail. Anyway have a great day and THANKS in advance for the answer. :cool:

Today was a better than average housework day. After church, before I even looked at the computer, cleaned up the kitchen, mopped the floor, took the garbage out, emptied the dishwasher and put a few things in it, did a load of clothes, and then went thru my closet trying to find the longjohns I bought last fall. To no avail. I have looked before, but this time I really tore into it. Got rid of some things too. So, after all this hard work, I can sit at the computer the rest of the day, and read ALL the posts, even if they don't have diddlysquat to do with my cruise or my ports and excursions. I believe I will give myself a gold star for today!! Bathrooms, did someone say bathrooms....auurrghh....later....

• 1 year later...
Gotta wake this thread up!

I still have my Christmas tree up and it is Jan 20th...that is how addicted I am. I have decided to get up at 10am and start cleaning, I have 5 min, eeeekkkk!

thanx for reviving this thread - it's cute - and Yes, I am a CC addict!! look at the number of postings I have done!!

housework? ha!ha! not a priority, CC? definitely #1 in my schedule!!

carol

Archived