LA tours--a limo is the way to go

Quithan

I have been looking into touring LA the day before our cruise. Most of the tour companies we about $60/person and there are 7 of us. I really didn't want to spend that kind of money in LA before we even step foot on our ship. But none of us have ever been to LA before. Such a dilemma!! So--one of the links I found was to a limo company and they were about $100 cheaper plus--we got to ride in a limo to do our tour. Then I came across limopricer.com. Kind of like a Priceline for limos only you don't prepay--they just take your bid and outsource it for you and if it gets picked up, one of those companies contacts you. And they accepted our bid for $210--taxes included. I'm sure we still have to tip the guy but, we just cut our tour in half and my kids will be so excited to ride in a limo!!!!! Just thought someone else might be interested

I have been looking into touring LA the day before our cruise. Most of the tour companies we about $60/person and there are 7 of us. I really didn't want to spend that kind of money in LA before we even step foot on our ship. But none of us have ever been to LA before. Such a dilemma!! So--one of the links I found was to a limo company and they were about $100 cheaper plus--we got to ride in a limo to do our tour. Then I came across limopricer.com. Kind of like a Priceline for limos only you don't prepay--they just take your bid and outsource it for you and if it gets picked up, one of those companies contacts you. And they accepted our bid for $210--taxes included. I'm sure we still have to tip the guy but, we just cut our tour in half and my kids will be so excited to ride in a limo!!!!! Just thought someone else might be interested

Quithan,

You might want to rethink the "tour by limo" concept. Limos sound like fun, but quickly wear thin. The view from a limo is terrible- dark windows, no ability to see upwards, view from one side only.

Not to be too critical but limo drivers are not tour guides. They are just what is advertised - limo drivers. Even if you are taken to L.A. attractions, you will miss more than you will see.

A bargain is not a bargain until quality is factored into the equation.

Hope this helps.

Tumutumu

Just in case anyone wants to do this or try this...

Here are some of my personal driving tours that you can print out, or take notes from to take with you...

I think that if you have your specific routes or destinations in mind - it might work.

Here's the directions to the closest you can possibly get to the Hollywood Sign...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=404640

Here's the Taste of LA Driving Tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=511653

Here's the OC TV Show Tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=500138

and if you're around the piers, here's the San Pedro Filming Location Tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567043

These might be helpful for anyone considering this in a limo or their won rental cars in the future.

;)

Archived