Question about quad cabin

~Jo~

We will be cruising on HAL, the Westerdam, for the first time in April. We have a "larger inside", for 2 adults and 2 kids. How is the cabin set up? We are in 6071. Any tips for this ship will be appreciated also.

Thanks!

~Jo~

I did this on the Statendam for Christmas. I was really worried about 4 of us in 1 cabin,but it worked out great. There's a couch that's one bed, then there's a bunk bed on one side of the cabin and then 2 single beds.

It was a breeze. We kept everything picked up and we all managed. I would suggest you buy an over the door shoe holder at walmart costs about $6

Hang this over the bathroom door and keep all the loose items in the shoe pouches, Ths give you a clutter free cabin.

Have fun

Thank you for the quick reply. I was afraid of getting a sofa bed that opens up in a larger bed for the kids. The shoe bag is a great tip, we have been cruising for many years and we always bring one.

Thanks,

~Jo~

We had a quad room on the Westerdam a few years ago. I cannot remember the exact cabin number, but I seem to think it was 1117... on deck 1.... OV room. We managed just fine.

Like the previous poster said, there is a set of bunks, which are actually quite comfortable I must say. The cabin steward will put the top bunk "away" during the day, unless you specify that you want it left out, incase you are the type to have afternoon naps. The lower bed remains out, but acts like another couch or seating area. There is also a little work desk, and a small coffee table type thing. The only time we found it crowded was when everyone was getting ready in the morning. the bathroom is the same size as any other cabin, so that can make for some interesting times getting ready.

They are a nice cabin for the money, and if you are a family with small children, or pre-teen kids, it is definitely the way to go. Our following cruise we had seperate rooms, 2 kids and 2 adults per room.

Not relating to current HAL configurations, but I had to mention our Carnival cruise on the Holiday in 1988, our first cruise. We took DW, DMIL, and 2 DDs ages 6 and 11 and stayed in one cabin. We had two lower berths, two pull down upper berths, and a roll-away. And we absolutely had the best time we have EVER had on a vacation. The kids still remember the trip, and it proves to me, that the accomodation, the venue, the food, and the service are secondary to camaraderie.

jcrandle, I know what you mean. This will be our 11th cruise and we still get inside cabins. Our girls are 16 and 14 yrs old ( 6ft tall) but we don't mind being crowded if it means we can cruise more often! We take turns getting ready, my dh and I get ready earlier than go for a drink before dinner while the girls get ready ( now, they take for EVER!). Plus, we need the girls in our cabin, if they had their own cabin, they might sneak out after their curfew:eek:, who will watch them:D....My 16 yr daughter met a boy on our cruise last week.......oh my.... but she was in at midnight on the dot every night!!! She's always been good, it's the boys that I don't trust:eek:, they might convince her to sneak out!!

~Jo~

Westerdam 4/12/09

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, the room will be perfect for three people, it was fine for us four. One bunk bed at the back wall going accross the head of the "master bed"( which is 2 singles together). And one sofa bed that we kept as a bed all day. My kids were comfortable. It was a bit tricky getting up and not hitting your head on the bunk bed.

Have a nice cruise!

• 1 month later...

Archived