I have seen the new terminal in bayonne

bad place to put a terminal as you are driving out to it you have a gravel storage facility on you right, just across abou 100 yards of black sickly water. on you richt you have run down military barraks. and I saved the best for last it is right across form the sewage treatment plant. now for the inside not bad large about the size of port canaveral check in large semi circle desk. as for wall color they havent painted yet so who knows any questions ask i will try to answer

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;11;13;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;11;13;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

HMMM sounds as gross as San Juan....LOL

Glad we booked a cruise and not a port icon_smile.gif

Seriously thanks for taking the time to go check it out and to post about it.

Actually I am really excited....only 20 days...

Bobbie

Voyager of the Seas in....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

Guest nhrich

Wow, I can hardly wait!

Rich

12/94 Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam - W. Carib

01/96 Norwegian Dreamward - Carib

01/97 Carnival Inspiration - E. Carib

09/98 Celebrity Mercury - Alaska

02/99 Carnival Fascination - S. Carib

09/00 Celebrity Galaxy - Alaska

11/02 Norwegian Sun - W. Carib

03/03 Norwegian Dawn - W. Carib

09/03 Norwegian Majesty - Bermuda

11/03 Carnival Spirit - Panama Canal

Coming Up Next:

05/04 Voyager of the Seas - Canada

10/04 Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

When you looked around at this port--what were the closest hotels/motels around? We cruise on May 30th and are coming in a day early.

Thanks!

Born to Cruise!

Sharon K. Perry

When I went up on Easter the guard at the site told me that we weren't allowed in- you must have had a convincing look! icon_smile.gif

He also told us that parking details hadn't been worked out, so I emailed RCCL and got a pretty swift response:

Cape Liberty Parking

The guests parking facility will be located adjacent to the cruise terminal. The cost for parking will be $12 per day and payment is due upon arrival. The parking facility will accept cash, traveler’s checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The on-site parking facility will be large enough to accommodate all guests who choose to park their cars at the pier.

As for hotels, looked like there were many within a few minutes of the port- Newark International Airport is the closest major airport to the pier so there are also airport hotels available. Driving from airport by cab to the port can't be much more then 15-20 minutes?

It should be remembered that this IS a former military base that's being converted into a cruise ship terminal- of course it's going to be VERY rough around the edges for quite some time.

The sewage plant you spoke of is troublesome- notice any lingering stench (I certainly hope not)? icon_eek.gif

CCL Holiday- August '94

CLB Horizon- April '95

CCL Fascination- May '96

CCL Inspiration- Feb '98

RCI Majesty- March '00

RCI Grandeur- June '00

RCI Vision- April '02

RCI Explorer- May '03

RCI Navigator- Coming Soon!

RCI Voyager- Coming Soon!!!

---------------------------

Ready for Ultra-Voyager- NOW!

Cruisin'Forever- Thanks for the parking information. Until we actually start sailing out of there I think there will be conflicting reports. I believe the first poster was able to get a convincing look because I think they stated they were delivering constructions supplies or something.

SKP- We were able to book the Crowne Plaza Meadowlands-Secaucus for $45 on Priceline.com. Usually runs $109-$209. (3*Secaucus). Appears to be only short distance from pier with shopping mall and multitudes of restaurants withing a quarter mile.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

Hi, did you take any photos of the port? Would be nice to see what we are in for. I don't really care, I'll be looking at the ship, not the port so much. If it smells like sewage, I'll stick a clothespin on my nose. Was in New York over the weekend and tried to figure out where the cruise port was but couldn't really see much with all the buildings in the way. I could see across the river to New Jersey but guess Bayonne is farther down from the view I was getting from the Marriott Marquis. Did get a glimpse of the Norwegian Dawn and the Queen? Anyways, at the Bayonne port,could you tell how many parking spots there were. Wondering what time to leave Albany,NY to get a good parking spot near the Voyager. Thanks.

Voyager of the SEas~June 4th 2004 38 more days Yippie!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks to the original poster for the description of the pier, but, we don't care about the terminal. We just want to unload our luggage, park our car, and board the ship. Then when the cruise is finished, get off the ship, get our luggage, get into our car and go home. Black water? Old barracks? Gravel? Asphalt? Unpainted walls? We don't care. Has nothing to do with our cruise. Just take Cruise4DaveandPatti's advice.

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress om 9/18/04

Thanks for the information on the Bayonne terminal. Hopefully we will arrive, get on the ship and not notice the surroundings. I'm sure it will be all fixed up fine by the time we sail.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Voyager of the Seas from Bayonne, NJ

I personally like knowing something about the terminal and port area. I like to know if it is a safe and secure area, the parking facilities, whether or not it is going to be a directional madhouse like the port of Miami or whether it is going to be organized and easy like Ft Lauderdale. If they delay my cruise for any reason I would kind of like to know what environment I will be stuck in.

Thank you!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

You will be stuck in Bayonne. No way any of it is going to be good.

First mistake RCCL made. Second may be high priced cruises out of a terminal that is no where near ready. Third will be no great replacement for Labadee, which may or may not be a true fault of theirs unless the replacement port is so unliked on a marginal 9 nite then it will be all their fault.

SKP - my hubby & I are on this sailing as well. Just like DFritz we booked the Crown Plaza in Secaucus through Priceline for $45 per night.

Was told it is a 15 minute drive to the cruise terminal.

Getting conflicting reports though about the parking. I was told by RCCL that it is cash and travelers checks only. No credit cards - and must be paid upon arrival.

View my photos at

http://community.webshots.com/user/cuppyb

Voyager of Seas - Canada

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;30;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jewel of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;1;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 1-3-04

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 10-27-03

Carnival Ecstasy 5-26-03

NCL Sky 5-19-02

All, the Crowne Plaza in Secaucus is about a 15 minute drive. A closer alternative would be downtown Jersey City. Priceline uses the Doubletree & the Hyatt. This is also close to a mall, a bigger mall, with a movie theater. As stated earlier, the airport hotels by Newark airport is a good choice also. I won't be sailing out of this terminal until the last sailing of the year, the 10/22 repositioning sailing and I can't wait for my first experience on a Voyager class ship.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;08;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Til The Conquest

yj2cute@aol.com

Voyager OTS 10/04

Enchantment OTS again! 9/04

Conquest 8/04

Enchantment of the Seas 9/03

Norwegian Dawn 2/03

Brilliance of the Seas 11/02

Majesty of the Seas 9/02

Triumph 6/02

Sovereign of the Seas 10/01

Grand Princess 4/01

Victory 8/00

Sensation 7/00

the parking is definatly off site, posibly where the at the old quarry site. yes it is only about 15 minutes for newark airport, no you cant drop off luggage at the front and walk to the ship aouut 2 miles. will bring my camera if i del there agian to take pictures.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;11;13;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;11;13;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

icon_cool.gif Just a note for all of those people quoting 15 minutes to the Secaucus Hotel. 15 minutes means with no traffic and with no construction. I travel that road almost every day and let me tell you that the NJ Turnpike Newark Bay Extension almost always has heavy traffic and delays during the weekday rush hours and it will not take 15 minutes. Also, there is almost always construction on this road and the bridge on weekends and traffic can be backed up for miles. Be prepared!

As far as the facilities, I have seen the former Bayonne Navy Yard and it is currently in sad shape and does look like a dump from years of neglest. Let's hope that RCCL, Bayonne and the State of NJ all spend a lot of money to change things for the better! Cruise passengers spend a lot of money and deserve a nice send-off!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the former Bayonne Navy Yard and it is currently in sad shape and does look like a dump from years of neglest. Let's hope that RCCL, Bayonne and the State of NJ all spend a lot of money to change things for the better! Cruise passengers spend a lot of money and deserve a nice send-off! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, and let's hope they don't take too long to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kegraties:

the parking is definatly off site, posibly where the at the old quarry site. yes it is only about 15 minutes for newark airport, no you cant drop off luggage at the front and walk to the ship aouut 2 miles. will bring my camera if i del there agian to take pictures.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you get your info from. RCI stated that the parking will be directly across from the terminal. Are they lying?

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress om 9/18/04

Parking

The guests parking facility will be located adjacent to the cruise terminal. The cost for parking will be $12 per day and payment is due upon arrival. The parking facility will accept cash, traveler’s checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The on-site parking facility will be large enough to accommodate all guests who choose to park their cars at the pier.

The above info is RCI's info posted on cruisingpower.com. Is it untrue? If so, we won't drive there. We'd have one of our children drop us off and pick us up if we have to park offsite and shuttle to the pier and back to the lot. So if you know something kegraties, please let us know. Thanks

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress om 9/18/04

there is no place to park across the street. there is a train station there but i do belive the parking lot will dbe in the old grave yard will ask the security gard next week when i go there again.

Archived