Back from the Fantasy 2/16 sailing with our 7 month old.

hauntmeister

We've just returned from taking our daughter (7 months, just barely able to sail with Carnival's 6 month threshold) on her first cruise! Everybody had a great time, baby included. She just loved smiling and laughing at all the attention, particularly from the crew members. (It may be a cliche, but the Fantasy had a large number of Indonesian crew, and Indonesians just LOVE babies!) I'll post more details about sailing with a baby on the "Family" board, once I recover a bit more from the trip ... and our one day "post" stay in New Orleans in the middle of Mardi Gras!

For those of you who've sailed on the Fantasy before and enjoyed "Big Tex" as your cruise director, this turns out to have been his last cruise with the Fantasy. He's moving on to a bigger ship; after a bit of a vacation, he'll be joining the Carnival Valor.

And a heads-up about the Fantasy ... only ONE power outlet per cabin. Darn good thing I'd read about that on these boards and brought my own power strip!

Archived