VOYAGERS of the seas aft rooms

I was considering booking cabin 9392 balcony e1 deck 9 on the Voyagers Of the Seas. This is in the very back. One room is in the corner/aft. Does anyone have any comments on the better room. Is it much different than the other balcony rooms on that deck? Or should I just get a room in the middle, I've never had a balcony in the very back. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Can't speak for Voyager, but we had a balcony on the aft of the ship during our last cruise, and absolutely loved it. We've had a balcony on all of our cruises, but aft was best, IMHO. We really enjoyed being able to see both port and starboard while cruising in/out of ports, and because most ships are sloped at the aft end, we could catch the sun to a larger degree while sailing, with relative privacy.

On the negative, we did notice a little more of the ship's motion, but it was never a problem for us. I'm curious to see what others that have sailed on voyager class ships say about this topic. Our family is in adjoining D1's on our next cruise (1370 &1372), but I really which we were directly aft!

Yes, I saw that earlier, her pics are what convinced my husband to choose the aft cabin. LOVe those pics. Thanks everyone for info.

Here's a link to Bonnie's Voyager pics showing the aft cabin balconies. They are quite a bit larger than the side balconies.

http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi/0

We just returned from the Voyager and we had 8690 which is a corner cabin. The balcony was very roomy and there was about a 210 degree view. The cabin was standard. After we left Nassau we had rough seas and the ship was under full throttle to get to the next stop. There was much vibration and a lot of tossing. I was somewhat diappointed at the noise level. On our way back after Labadee the ship was at lower power and it was very smooth. I had an aft on the NCL Dawn last year and that ship was very smooth and quiet in comparison to the Voyager. There was no lounge chair and our Stewart said he could not get one. All that room and you could not stretch out. On the Dawn we had 2 loungers with a padded cover but a much smaller balcony. Also, the spa was at the front and it was too long a walk to use the facilities. I would go mid ship on a Voyager Class in the future.

John L.

Hey CruiseTarp, Thanks for the info, so your saying the 9392 balcony is bigger than the 9390 balcony. I have a courtesy hold on 9390 but if the balcony is bigger then I should switch rooms. Do you know which room is bigger or are they both the same square footage? :D

In 8390 there was only one night where we actually consistently felt the ship move, now that might be a product of smooth seas. As far as sun goes, we got indirect sun in the AM and a good amount of direct sun in the afternoons. We had 2 chairs, 2 lounges and a table. The amount of sun will also have to do with which direction the ship is moving. Can you tell that we loved the room?? One thing to keep in mind for our room (and 8690) is that they are category E1 rooms which are about 2 feet shorter than the D1 rooms, but the balcony was worth it.

Crafsnvines...I'm not quite sure about the square footage of the cabins but the balcony on 9692 was definately bigger than 9690. Also 9692 has glass sliding doors leading out to the balcony while 90 has a regular door with a small window. Inside 9692 is much brighter due to this.

Archived