Bernard Tours ?

hopelea

We used Bernard for a tour over the Easter period (forget actually which day). We had a private tour for 8 of us in a very comfortable, clean air conditioned van. As others have said - plenty of ice-cold drink drinks and yes, the punch is strong!

We thoroughly enjoyed the tour. We could go wherever we wanted, but we were happy for Bernard to 'do his thing'. All we asked was to eat lunch at Maho and see the planes. Got back to the ship well in time to do a bit of shopping and board comfortably before we had to embark. A great time with a very nice person - would recommend Bernard to anyone!

Bernard was fantastic! He was our guide for the day and he was very informative. He stopped by this one place that had a look out tower. there was a guy there that had some sea urchins. many in our group was holding them...very interesting! As soon as we got to Maho a plane was coming overhead. WOW...that's all I can say. We didn't stay long; and as far as I'm concerned we could have done without the stop at Rima's. Many in our group would rather have shopped at the pier. But everything else was fantastic! Would I book him again...in a heart beat!

I just filled out my information on his website...can anyone give me an idea of how long it usually takes for him to get back to you? We had our itinerary changed, so I have very little time to plan something. Hopefully he has room for us!

I just filled out my information on his website...can anyone give me an idea of how long it usually takes for him to get back to you? We had our itinerary changed, so I have very little time to plan something. Hopefully he has room for us!

Here is his e-mail address..

bernard1332002@yahoo.com

Good luck.

Laura

Once on the tour early 'poll's' will be taken to decide what is most important to the group and the times adjusted to ensure that there is time for everything.

Rima's was pretty cool, but if it is shopping in Phillipsburg that is an important for jewelry, I think if the ship sails at 5pm you will want to get a solid itin in advance since alot of that shopping is an event itself.

He responded to me within 24 hours when I filled out the web form the other day.

We are going on Bernard's tour of st maarten next Thursday. Our first trip there, really looking forward to seeing this island and meeting Bernard. Thanks for all the great reviews on him:) I will post after cruise how it went.

I miss St Martin..have not been able to get back due to DH vertigo problems after flying and cruising x2.

Bernard gave us the best tour.

You will have a great time.

Laura

I have been to St. Martin three times now. We had the BEST TIME with Bernard on May 1st! The best time we have had in St. Martin! Bernard was our guide. We were in a small van with just 10 of us! There was plenty of beer, water and rum punch! That rum punch is something else! He is a very nice man and very professional! He stopped at the store in the beginning of the tour that was suppose to have the best prices. He was right. We were there about 15 minutes. Due to Carnival going on that day, we had to go to Maho Beach first. The beach is beautiful besides thrilling. DH LOVED it there! We went to Orient Beach next. He dropped us off near Pedros Bar. We had two hours, wish we could have stayed longer but that wasn't his fault. He dropped us off on Front Street to do some shopping but others stayed in the van and he dropped them off on the ship!

This was a great tour....and I will do it again! IN Fact, we are going back to St. Martin next year and we will be booking with him again! :)

I took Bernard's Tour with my family and loved it! He is such a nice guy and funny too! We did everything mentioned in the tour description and had a great bunch of people on the van/bus. Probably about 20/max. Lots of cold drinks (beer, soda, water, rum punch) and island fun. I would do this tour again. It's a great mix of island sites, beach, maho/plane landings, shopping, etc. His van/bus is super clean and he had cool air flowing which was really nice since it was a warm day.

Oh, at first we thought... oh no, we are stopping at Rima's and thought it would be a waste of time. It's a huge store with great little souviners, cheap stuff as well as a few nice things. It was much cheaper than the same kinda stuff on Front Street. Buy your kitchy souvenirs at Rima's and save your money for the other stuff downtown. Have fun! Bernard is such a nice guy and he will make you will feel welcome on St. Martin.

• 9 months later...

We are going to St martin Easter week with our children (8,14,16) And was looking at Bernards tours and looks like the price is right and all reviews sound great. But is this a tour for children-don't want to intrude if it is mostly adult tour. Also can you pick which beach you go to?? Also worried about getting back in time for ship departure we only have six hours (arrive at 10 leave at 5) Has anyone have problems with that??

We are going to St martin Easter week with our children (8,14,16) And was looking at Bernards tours and looks like the price is right and all reviews sound great. But is this a tour for children-don't want to intrude if it is mostly adult tour. Also can you pick which beach you go to?? Also worried about getting back in time for ship departure we only have six hours (arrive at 10 leave at 5) Has anyone have problems with that??

There is a pretty free flow of alcohol so that should be considered with the kids present.

Are you talking the private tour or the larger one? Either will be fine, Bernard is great with the kids! Our kids LOVED the tour and can't wait to do it again in April! There is a nice stop where a Island resident gets sea creatures for you to hold! Very cool!

If you choose the private tour you can pick your beach. The "public" one goes to Orient.

Bernard's tours are well aware of ship departure times and traffic flow.

You should go to his site www dot bernards tours dot com and send him an email with your questions/concerns!

Happy Cruising:)

Are you talking the private tour or the larger one? Either will be fine, Bernard is great with the kids! Our kids LOVED the tour and can't wait to do it again in April! There is a nice stop where a Island resident gets sea creatures for you to hold! Very cool!

If you choose the private tour you can pick your beach. The "public" one goes to Orient.

Bernard's tours are well aware of ship departure times and traffic flow.

You should go to his site www dot bernards tours dot com and send him an email with your questions/concerns!

Happy Cruising:)

Thanks for the infor I will e-mail Bernard tours and see how many you need for a private tour since I would like to go to a different beach than Orient. I will post on my roll call and see if any other families would like to go on a private tour??

Archived