Hotel in Secacus, New Jersey

ladyjane550

Two places i know something about:

Michigan, my alma mater

Secaucus 5 miles from where i currently live

I can give you a list of decent hotels in the area, but how would you then plan on getting from the hotel to the cruise ship.

Are you cruising from Bayonne or NYC... either of which i would ask: Why Secaucus?

What are the actual nite(s) that you need the hotel room? (not sure if you're coming in for more than one nite beforhand) Will you have time to explore NYC the nite before or are you arriving late at nite?

What is the approximate budget? How many people will you be?

Let me know the above and i'll look at and suggest a few options.

We will be leaving Michigan on a Friday morning (driving our van) in September for a Fall Cruise on the Golden Princess. We hope to be in New Jersey sometime that Friday afternoon - will not have any time to do any sites. Want to board the Golden Princess leaving New York City about noon the next day (Saturday). Will need a nice hotel to spend Friday night in and leave our car there. We are hoping to get some sort of public transportation to take us to the port the next morning. Any information you have will be appreciated.

Thanks

You have a few options (some better than others):

There is a 3* hotel in Secaucus that i know of that offers a room and parking for $149/nite (up to double occupancy) and $169/nite (for triple or quad occupancy). Not the greatest hotel in the area, but it'll do and suit your needs.

What i think is a better idea, given that you've never been to NYC before, is to park at a train station (the nearest one with reasonable parking is about 15 minutes 'out of your way' and parking is $5 per 24 hours). Park there, take the train directly into Manhattan, and stay in NYC the nite before your cruise.

A less expensive alternative is to stay at a hotel near this train station and commute to NYC in the morning, but if you're that close i would take advantage of staying in the city itself and having less of a hassle in the morning... start your vacation of right.

Along the same lines you could also stay further away from NYC, along your route of Rt. 80, make your drive a bit longer on Saturday morning, but drive instead to a 'Park N Ride' and take mass transit from there into NYC.

If you tell me how many people are traveling and the actual nite of your hotel stay i can give you some actual prices (since the number of people will factor in costs such as fare to NYC, room occupancy difference, etc)

Archived