Black pudding

sparkyrmc

Ok, then what is Blutwurst or Boudin Noir? I am from Queens, NY the only pudding I have ever had is Jello Instant Pudding.

Ah well, you'll find this one an interesting and refreshing change then, because its main ingredient is pigs' blood :eek:

J

a very interesting reply,to the gentleman from across the pond,black pudding is mainly pigs blood with other items of the pig which is then put into into a skin with some seasoning.then best fried for a few mins then it is ready,it looks like a german black sausage.it is right to say it came from germany,originally made my monks.

Not to be an anorak, the pigs blood is mixed with cereal and seasoning and then put into casings which traditionally were the intestines of the animal. These are then knotted in 8inch or so links and boiled in salted water for 20 minutes. It is then ready to eat. Most people then would tend to slice and fry the sausage prior to eating. I don't believe the delicacy started life in Germany, Leeds I thought. ;)

I don't believe the delicacy started life in Germany, Leeds I thought. ;)

I couldn't care less where it originated - as long as there's plenty of it.

Now shut up the lot of you - you're making me flaming starving, and all I've had for lunch is a pear and an orange (yummy - NOT!)

:):):)

J

a very interesting reply,to the gentleman from across the pond,black pudding is mainly pigs blood with other items of the pig which is then put into into a skin with some seasoning.then best fried for a few mins then it is ready,it looks like a german black sausage.it is right to say it came from germany,originally made my monks.

Put in a skin of what?

I couldn't care less where it originated - as long as there's plenty of it.

Now shut up the lot of you - you're making me flaming starving, and all I've had for lunch is a pear and an orange (yummy - NOT!)

:):):)

J

Fried Soda bread with Maple Bacon and Black pudding topped with HP sauce still flaming starving.

Fried Soda bread with Maple Bacon and Black pudding topped with HP sauce still flaming starving.

Oh that is nasty - that is cruel and unnatural punishment of the first order. If they'd tried that kind of thing in Gitmo they'd have closed it down years ago.

I see you're in Warminster. Is there a military connection?

J

Oh that is nasty - that is cruel and unnatural punishment of the first order. If they'd tried that kind of thing in Gitmo they'd have closed it down years ago.

I see you're in Warminster. Is there a military connection?

J

Settled here after 24yrs Regular service then 9yrs Territorial service, i spend my time either Yachting or if i feel lazy which i frequently do i let other people do the work by cruising

I went to try out Fred Olsen, last year and ordered Black Pudding, when it came the sausage was no more than 3cms (1.5 inches) in diameter but it was cut wafer thin with a mandolin and then cut in half so it was half moon shape. What is happening in this world. it was like a crisp. yuk

Archived