Looking for ideas to make a cruise a little extra special

newcruiser09

I'm taking my first cruise next week with my parents and two teenage sisters, I'm trying to think of something that I can do to make the trip a little extra special to say thank you to my parents for being so great and to make the trip a little extra memorable for my sisters since we don't get to hang out that often with all of our crazy schedules. Plus, it's been a crazy year and I'd like something a little extra to look forward to myself. :)

We are in an AC Penthouse Suite so I don't really want to do the champagne/treats in the room since we'll already be getting that. I was thinking of maybe a limo transfer or setting up dinner at Cagney's one night but I'd love any suggestions that anyone has.

Take everyone to Le Bistro or Cagney's one night. It will be really nice. Le Bistro is the nicest but if the menu wouldn't go over well, go for Cagney's. Wishing you the best.:) That's a nice gesture on your part.

I've done the limo thing. Not my cup of tea.

How sweet & appreciative you are. I bet your family would love to go to either Le Bistro (I heard that the chocolate fondue is fantastic) or to one of the other speciality rest. Enjoy your time with your family. Let us know how your trip went.

I wanted to do something special for my grandchildren. I ordered the Happy Birthday package. They are only 2 & 3 so fancy dinner would be out-I want to be considerate of the other passangers.:o

What a great gesture!

How about a spa day pass for your parents so that they can use the spa whirlpool, hyrotherapy and lap pool plus hang out in the quiet peaceful spa.

Then you and your sisters could get a spa treatment together like a pedicure or facial.

I like both your ideas- the limo transfer or a nice dinner on the ship. Not sure what ship you're on, but i know some of the ships have a hibachi restaurant & that might be a fun event for your family. One idea for after the trip would be to take a lot of pictures and when you get home, upload them to Kodak.com and have a book printed with all the pictures. They have these nice hardcover books and you can add captions on the page too. Its a nice way to re-live your trip when you get home.

How sweet & appreciative you are. I bet your family would love to go to either Le Bistro (I heard that the chocolate fondue is fantastic) or to one of the other speciality rest. Enjoy your time with your family. Let us know how your trip went.

I wanted to do something special for my grandchildren. I ordered the Happy Birthday package. They are only 2 & 3 so fancy dinner would be out-I want to be considerate of the other passangers.:o

How was the birthday package? What did you get.

I like both your ideas- the limo transfer or a nice dinner on the ship. Not sure what ship you're on, but i know some of the ships have a hibachi restaurant & that might be a fun event for your family. One idea for after the trip would be to take a lot of pictures and when you get home, upload them to Kodak.com and have a book printed with all the pictures. They have these nice hardcover books and you can add captions on the page too. Its a nice way to re-live your trip when you get home.

I love the idea of the kodak book, I'm going to have to remember that when I get back and make copies for all of us to, thanks!

What a nice thing for you to do.

We liked the chocolate fondue at Le Bistro but you will need a couple since is is sort of small and we love the escargot. Teppanyaki, if there is one on your ship, would be great fun also. Between the 2, for a family, I would do Teppanyaki, our 17 year old loved it.

I don't know about your parents but mine wouldn't want to go to the spa. Mom - maybe with a little shove, Dad - no way!

I too am doing a birthday cruise soon. You can check it out under NCL's website. Go to Bon Voyage gifts. It seems it includes balloons, confetti, cake, other stuff for $30.00. I need to go back and check, so should you!:D

The past two cruises I have been on I have ordered the birthday package for my boyfriend's birthday. The first year was on Norwegian Dream and the second year was on Royal Caribbean. Don't expect too much, a couple ballons, a few strands of crepe paper, a Happy Birthday sign, some confetti on your dresser area and a cake. After the first year I thought I would just bring my own decorations and do it all for less than $5 but it is nice to have them walk into the room and have a surprise. Nothing too spectacular but it adds a nice touch. The cake on Norwegian was stale and we only ate a few bites but you get to look at it your entire trip =) The cake was a little better on Royal but they put my name on it instead of my boyfriend's! haha oh well! I recommend the package just because it adds a little something

One year we traveled with family members from all over the country and every day at dinner we celebrated a birthday that had been missed during the year. Everyone had to create "gifts" from something in their room or that they found on the ship for free. So we had bikinis made from the lids of glasses and bananas with painted faces and hula skirts. Plus speeches, of course and lots of photos. One of my husband's sisters is an amateur clown and one night she came to dinner as "Doodlebug" and did magic tricks - we had the attention of every child in the vicinity! And one night we all had kazoos and played "happy birthday". It was one of the most memorable of our 20+ cruises.

Get the Romance Package for each two persons in your party. It is a wonderful value at $79 and doesn't have to be ordered as a 'romance' item... it can be ordered just for the fun of it. We don't bother with the cake party or the photo. We just enjoy the chocolate coated strawberries and champagne in our cabin when we embark. It also includes a bottle of wine and dinner for two at LeBistro (my favourite NCL restaurant).

Have a great trip!

Archived