Self-Debarkation and catching a flight...

MamaParrotHead

Looking to book a flight in the next few weeks. Air Tran has only one flight out of MIA going to our destination. The flight is at 1:23. I'm such a CHICKEN when it comes to booking flights...I've had 50/50 luck thus far. Our first cruise we did NOT do self-assist debarkation and ended up missing our 2:30 flight (hiccup with the ship clearing Customs) and had to frantically rebook on my cell phone while standing in line to get off the ship. Our second cruise we did do self-assist debarkation, were off the ship by like 8:30, and our flight wasn't until 4:30, LOL.

HELP! Any input appreciated!

Looking to book a flight in the next few weeks. Air Tran has only one flight out of MIA going to our destination. The flight is at 1:23. I'm such a CHICKEN when it comes to booking flights...I've had 50/50 luck thus far. Our first cruise we did NOT do self-assist debarkation and ended up missing our 2:30 flight (hiccup with the ship clearing Customs) and had to frantically rebook on my cell phone while standing in line to get off the ship. Our second cruise we did do self-assist debarkation, were off the ship by like 8:30, and our flight wasn't until 4:30, LOL.

Shouldn't be a problem. It's quick to get to the airport in Miami. I have always made it to the airport and cleared security no later than noon.

I would book that flight in a heartbeat.

1:23 is easily done in Miami if there are no problems and the ship is on time.

Even with doing normal debarkation now, since the port of Miami has a new building with rotating luggage belts like an airport. it moves vary fast.

The only problem I ever had was because the ship was delayed due to a medical emergency the day before. ( the ship had to turn around and head back to the port we had left a few hours before)

The last time I was in Miami, debarkation from the Valor was a nightmare because of customs problems. We were lucky that the Valor offered express luggage so we didn't have to mess with bags at the pier or at the airport.

Hopefully, if this is for your Glory cruise, you will have the express luggage option too.........I would recommend it to everyone where it's available and I hope it will become available everywhere.

Having said that, even with just plain self assist you should be off the ship by noonish and as others have said the airport isn't very far.

We recently sailed on the Liberty and did self debarkation. It was AWESOME. We were allowed to leave the ship at 7:45am - we were in our shuttle bus by 8am and to the airport by 8:15am -- our driver drove crazy fast, but got us there in record time. :) We had an 11:30am flight so it was no problem. Have fun!

Archived