Ventura film shows

bobarnie

Yes they do show films but have no cinema. They have them in the theatre or on your stateroom tv. Some on the TV are charged to your onboard account others are free.

the interactive tv works in a similar way to sky+ i guess... you pick/buy the film, tv programme etc and it lets you watch it until you erase it..(no time limit IIRC?)...

there are loads of programmes.... drama's, comedies, action etc

they also show a film in the havana bar during the day (not every day!) but when you see the havana you'll understand when i say it's not the ideal place to show a film... we watched the will smith one where he's the only bloke left on earth.... 10 points for who can name it?

" I am Legend " one of the most boring films ever made. You must have been stuck for for something to do to sit through that. It was in fact a remake of Seventies film that I believe starred Charlton Heston, and may or may not have been called Soylent Green.

"Mr Smith goes to Washington but no one was there"?

"The loneliness of the long-distance rapper"?

"Alienated"?

"The madness of King Billy"?

"The day the earth was really quite quiet"?

"Onan the barbarian"?

"I, Robot"? - or should it be just "I"?

"The zero wives of William the First"?

"The reader - well there's bugger all else to do"?

Hee hee

Tough audience tonight...........

well you know what they say..."you can please some of the people some of the time..."

I thought your efforts deserved easily a 9 out of 10, missing that last mark for ommitting Very Brief Encounter :rolleyes:

Ventura was due to have a 'movies under the stars' i think (like Azura is having) but the equipment was faulty when she arrived in Southampton for her maiden and they just removed it instead of repairing it...strange that? Especially as she is a large family ship :confused:

Ventura was due to have a 'movies under the stars' i think (like Azura is having) but the equipment was faulty when she arrived in Southampton for her maiden and they just removed it instead of repairing it...strange that? Especially as she is a large family ship :confused:

That is annoying we had MUTS on carnival and it was fantastic. I bet I could have fixed the equipment and got it all working (technical: sound, visuals and lighting is my job). They could have given me a free cruise for my trouble :D:)

Chris

The equipment that was installed on Ventura and then removed because it would not work was a 3D cinema rather than a MUTS screen. It had been advertised as being available in the Arena Theatre.

P&O had even flown people from the manufacturers out to Fincantiere dockyard to try and solve the problems but to no avail and so the equipment was removed and returned to the manufacturer and all reference to the 3D cinema was removed from newer advertising literature although some media groups did not update their marketing info and so it was still being advised at the time of the maiden that it was one of the featured facilities.

Hopefully, as MUTS equipment is successfully used on many other ships P&O will be able to follow through and offer it on Azura as advertised.

Feebee_71 :)

Archived