Playa Palancar Beach Club

Erdovi

Can you rent kayaks and other equipment?
I've not seen kayaks there for rent.

And for those in our group that don't want to take a boat out to the reef, is the snorkeling any good off the shore?
Sandy beach almost always mean poor shore snorkeling. Coral is what attracts most fish and coral only grows on rock, not sand.

You might be better off at Playa Uvas. They have kayaks for rent and the snorkeling from shore there is better.

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back and spent a wonderful day at Palancar. Yes, they have kayaks, a double is $15 per hour and a single is $10. The snorkeling tour on the boat was wonderful, only $30. They also offer snorkeling off the beach, I dont know how that was though, but while lying on my rented float, $5, I saw little angel fish swimming around over the rocky areas. We met a group of ladies who were sold an excursion there at the port for $20 that included round trip transportation, shore snorkeling and kayaking. It cost us $20 each way for a taxi, we had 4 in our party.

The food was wonderful and service excellent. I will be posting a review with pictures some time this week.

The snorkeling tour on the boat was wonderful, only $30.

Any idea what reefs you went to? Also are they set times, like daily leaving at 10:00am and 1:00pm and if so do you know what time? I've been trying to track down an e-mail or something to e-mail them and get this info, but I've been unsuccessful thus far.

Thanks,

Garrett

There was no specific time, they wait until they get enough people interested, I would say there were about 10 of us, we took the first one which I think was at about 11:30 ship time and as soon as we came back, about 1.5 hours later, they had another group ready to go.

I dont remember the exact reefs, he mentioned two, I believe they may have been Columbia and Palancar, it was about a 15 minute boat ride towards the left of the beach and we drifted from the first one back towards the 2nd, the boat followed us, check out this map: http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

check out this website for a 10% off food and beverage coupon, which we never did use, because I forgot it and my book back on the ship: http://cozumelinsider.com/Beaches?From=Snorkeling

FYI....we saw most of these fish located on th bottom left side of this site: http://www.cozumeldivemap.com/snorkeling.html

Just came back and spent a wonderful day at Palancar. Yes, they have kayaks, a double is $15 per hour and a single is $10. The snorkeling tour on the boat was wonderful, only $30. They also offer snorkeling off the beach, I dont know how that was though, but while lying on my rented float, $5, I saw little angel fish swimming around over the rocky areas. We met a group of ladies who were sold an excursion there at the port for $20 that included round trip transportation, shore snorkeling and kayaking. It cost us $20 each way for a taxi, we had 4 in our party.

The food was wonderful and service excellent. I will be posting a review with pictures some time this week.

Anybody know anything about booking Palancar right at the pier??

Anybody know anything about booking Palancar right at the pier??

My friend spoke to a woman we met there and she said her group was sold an excursion at the pier for $20 pp. this inlcluded transpo to and from, snorkeling equipment for snorkeling right off the beach, kayak rental and float rental, this does not include the boat snorkel tour that we took.

On your own, it cost $20 up to 4 pp to take a taxi each way, there is no charge for use of the beach and chairs.

Cant compare it to Nachi, never been. But it never got too crowded, we were the first ones there and found it to be a little slice of heaven, I dont think there were more then 50 people there. It was realy rocky getting into the water, you do have to walk towards the end if you dont have water shoes, but there were nice fish to see over the rocky areas while lying on the float. We were leaning towards Nachi, but decided, to go here instead and I would go back again without the kids in a heart beat. Check out my review. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=961583&highlight=playa+palancar

Archived