Costa allegra Far East Cruise 4 April

jerseygirl06

Hi there,

Hubby and I are on this cruise too. Perhaps you should look at the Costa Cruise Roll Call for the 4th April, or read through some other postings...loads has been written on the X1 package. I believe the X1 has to be ordered through your travel agent or Costa before sailing. Just get in touch with them.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

Hubby and I are on this cruise too. Perhaps you should look at the Costa Cruise Roll Call for the 4th April, or read through some other postings...loads has been written on the X1 package. I believe the X1 has to be ordered through your travel agent or Costa before sailing. Just get in touch with them.

Hope this helps.

Yes I will thanks the roll call sounds a good idea too!

Thank you,yes I had read your excellent review, it gave me a lot more confidence after reading mostly other negative stuff!!

Allegra is not an ultra luxury or ultra modern ship, she is homely and beautifully cared for by a really decent crew. I think most of the negative reviews came from people with expectations that were unrealistic about the ship...she is an ex containership that was converted in 1992, but that is a real advantage as she gets up the Vung Tao and into the center of Saigon, whereas larger ships like Legend of the Seas have to berth at the river mouth, some 4 hours sail away.

Put it this way, if I wasn't happy with Allegra, I would not be spending 5 weeks on her in 2010 when she goes home from Singapore to Savona...she has her quirky side, but overall she is a great way to get around to some amazing ports of call :)

Hi Steggs1

Have just logged on after weekend away - am going to read other reviews at weekend so their replies to me should give you some detail of cruise. X1 package has to be booked before you go - we did it through travel agent. It is well worth it - we had it for Med cruise with costa in October 2008 and it saved us a lot of money. We do enjoy a drink!!

It meant we could have all wine and beers with meals and you can make those meals stretch a long time! You must book it before you go though - it cannot be booked once you are on the ship.

Hi Steggs1

Have just logged on after weekend away - am going to read other reviews at weekend so their replies to me should give you some detail of cruise. X1 package has to be booked before you go - we did it through travel agent. It is well worth it - we had it for Med cruise with costa in October 2008 and it saved us a lot of money. We do enjoy a drink!!

It meant we could have all wine and beers with meals and you can make those meals stretch a long time! You must book it before you go though - it cannot be booked once you are on the ship.

Many thanks I will speak to my agent who has not mentioned a thing about the X1 package!!!!!! we totally endorse the extended meal times too!

Were you on Allegra last time?

We were on the Costa Serena last time - that was fine although there were very few english speaking guests.

The Xl package never seems to be well publicised - we only heard about it from reading cruise reviews so ended up asking travel agent about it who it turn asked costa. Can thoroughly recommend it though.

• 2 weeks later...

went hong kong to singapore 7 days. take earplugs as no sound proofing in cabins. food boring bland repeatable and always served luke warm, and not always served together. we came back the same weight we went first cruise ever that we have done this. staff friendly always a smile and "good morning" etc but only a few understood or spoke any english. take documentation if you have prepaid gratuaties as they will charge you again apparently only the aussies can prepay so they are not set up to take the charge off. ship excursions are expensive, taxis at port are a cheaper way to do the same tours at a third of the price, we shared with another couple and had a really good time. we stayed deck 12 and walked out to the pool and along to breakfast so it was a nice position. the real let down was lack of entertainment each night was a half hour boring show which many people walked out after 10 minutes each night. the entertainment on deck was better music spainish and italian atpmosphere was relaxing. dont wait at desk to ask what to do as on arrival on board find your cabin as key is in the door and the other is inside the cabin. we would not use this ship again hope you have a good time.

Archived