Stingray Tour Question

CruisingNoob

We want to feed the Stingrays when we take our cruise in April. We will have my Mom with us. Although she would probably love to do it, I don't know if she'd be up to it (she'll be 80, going on 60). My question is.... are there any operators - like Captain Marvins, etc- that will only do a stop at Stingray Sandbar & not make an additional stop somewhere else to snorkel? We don't want to leave her on the ship, but we also don't want her out on the small boat for a long time if she won't be in the water at all & having fun. At least if she didn't feed the Stingrays, I know she'd enjoy herself watching everyone else.

Am I making any sense? :confused:

We went with Moby Dick tours and there were some who stayed on the boat while we snorkeled and were in with the stingrays. My mom doesn't swim and she stayed on the boat and talked to the others...and the guys who own the boat stay on and are really nice to talk to. I believe they told us they used to live in the US but decided to move to GC and start their business. I'm not sure of any who just go to Stingray City, but there may be some out there...

My mom (81) is going with us on the Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour with Native Way watersports next week. She's not planning on going in the water, and that's perfectly fine w/ her. In fact, she said she'd take photos for us...saves us from having to buy them! They've even given us a discount for her ($40 instead of the $62.50 the rest of us are paying).

We did the stingray tour with Moby Dick company, and I can't say enough about them. They DO have a "snorkel" stop before the stingray sandbar, but it's only about 1/2 hour, and it's very pleasant sitting on the boat (there is shade). That's what I did, I don't snorkel (can't swim, for that matter!). One of my relatives is wheelchair bound, but is also able to swim. We hesitantly asked if he could be allowed to go on the tour with us. Fully expected to be refused, for insurance reasons, or whatever. They welcomed him aboard, wheelchair and all. With a little help, he was able to get down the steps into the water to snorkel, and also went in the water with the rays on the sandbar. A bad knee, or being 81 years "young" shouldn't intefere with your fun at all. Tell everybody to get in the water at the sandbar.......the water isn't deep (waist high for me, and I'm only 5 ft tall), it's easy, fun, and the thrill of a lifetime! Don't forget to kiss a ray, it's a GREAT photo op!

Archived