Room / Drink Questions?

cjankowski

Hi

We are thinking of going on cruise Nov 2009. My quesion's are listed below.

1) What room cat should I book? I am a liitle confused. We have cruised before always in an inside room. Which we are okay with, but we have not have our child with us. he is only 8 and does not really care where he sleeps. So what should I look at - 4a, 4b, or what. These codes kind of make me confused.

2) Can pop/juice be brought on? I have read about this and I just want to see what / how I can do this the proper way. What is the best suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Hi

1) What room cat should I book? I am a liitle confused. We have cruised before always in an inside room. Which we are okay with, but we have not have our child with us. he is only 8 and does not really care where he sleeps. So what should I look at - 4a, 4b, or what. These codes kind of make me confused.

2) Can pop/juice be brought on? I have read about this and I just want to see what / how I can do this the proper way. What is the best suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

We started cruising every year with our son starting when he was 8 yrs. old and we have always had an inside cabin. He sleeps on the upper bunk and his dad sleeps on the bed underneath. I sleep on the other bed. It has worked out great for us. We have never felt crowded or uncomfortable in any way. As a matter of fact it's kind of cozy. For the most part we are never in the room that much and when we are, it's just not a problem.

Yes, you may bring soda, juice, and/or water onboard the ship. You don't have to hide it. You can just carry it on. Hope this helps.

Here's a website that will answer lots of questions about the ship you are thinking of sailing on, and that will explain the category of cabins you asked about. Just go all the way to the left and click on the name of your ship, or one that you might be interested in.

www.bookccl.com/irman/

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise! We are sailing again this spring break on the Triumph!:D

What is the layout of the inside. Do they have like a pullman bed? Should you have the lower beds seperate or make one bed?

Someone told me that the lower level inside rooms were like bunk bed style in a dorm room? Is that true?

Thanks for your help.

What is the layout of the inside. Do they have like a pullman bed? Should you have the lower beds seperate or make one bed?

Someone told me that the lower level inside rooms were like bunk bed style in a dorm room? Is that true?

Thanks for your help.

If you book for 3 people you will automatically be in a room that has two twin beds and either a pull out sofa or a pullman bed mounted to the wall.

The two twin beds can be combined into one king.

The only rooms that are "bunk bed style" are category 1A rooms.

I'd recommend booking something either in the front or middle of the ship to avoid any cavitation related vibrations that can sometimes be felt in the back of the ship.

I also prefer to be "sandwiched" between two other passenger decks. This would be like a category 4B or 4C. The reason for this is that it ensures that you are not directly above or below any of the public areas that can add extra noise.

Thanks for your help.

We always have the beds separated because it gives you more room up the center. If you have the beds together than it makes it difficult for the child in the pullman to get up and down from the bed. They provide a ladder, which at night we just moved out of the way. I don't know anything about dorm-style rooms. We've always had an inside room with two single beds and an upper pullman. Check out the site I posted above for all the info you could want regarding any of the rooms on whatever Carnival ship you are sailing, or want to sail on.:D

We always have the beds separated because it gives you more room up the center. If you have the beds together than it makes it difficult for the child in the pullman to get up and down from the bed. They provide a ladder, which at night we just moved out of the way. I don't know anything about dorm-style rooms. We've always had an inside room with two single beds and an upper pullman. Check out the site I posted above for all the info you could want regarding any of the rooms on whatever Carnival ship you are sailing, or want to sail on.:D

I have read that if you have 3 the sofa bed is the best way to go.

Hi

Thanks for your help.

I can tell you that Carnival is running a sale and it's been extended through the weekend. I just booked 2 4A inside cabins today and was automatically upgraded to 4G for the same price as a 4A. I don't really know what the difference is other than we are on a higher deck. But if you decide to book this weekend the sale code to give the PVP is P2S.

Archived