Is minimum age for kids club strictly enforced?

superfind

We are considering a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice in October. The only thing that is discouraging us, is our yougest child will be 2 months short of his third birthday, meaning he will not be able to participate in the kids club. Has anyone ever managed ro get their child in to the kids club before their third birthday & if yes how did you do it?

We were on RCCI Independence last October which was fantastic, but like Celebrity, under 3's did have a club but the parents did have to supervise them at all times.

Thanks for your help.:)

We sailed the Constellation last month. Our youngest just turned 3 yesterday. They were strict about the rules. We were allowed to accompany him in the kids club, but couldn't leave him. There were only 6 kids on the whole ship....so the kids club was really empty. I understand they need to stick to their rules, but it would have been nice. =) On account of that, our 4yr old never really used the kids club much. We didn't want to have one child with us and the other at the club. They are like "two peas in a pod", LOL.

Another kind of weird thing....when we walked on the ship, someone from the kids club approached us and said to my 4yr old..."You must be Josh". Since they only had 6 kids on board, I think they knew all the kids they were expecting, etc. They had a wristband all ready for him. They never acknowledged out soon to be 3yr old....so I'm guessing from the passport info they know exactly how old kids are.

I've got 4 - all older than 10 now (time flys, enjoy 'em little). But ultimately, parents absolutely want the line strict on the rules - safety rules, dietary rules, etc. In caring for littles bending rules is not a slippery slope anyone wants to see the line skating. The line's liability risk managers I'm sure take the same position.

We are considering a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice in October. The only thing that is discouraging us, is our yougest child will be 2 months short of his third birthday, meaning he will not be able to participate in the kids club. Has anyone ever managed ro get their child in to the kids club before their third birthday & if yes how did you do it?

We were on RCCI Independence last October which was fantastic, but like Celebrity, under 3's did have a club but the parents did have to supervise them at all times.

Thanks for your help.:)

NCL and Disney both take 2yos. I know on NCL that they give a beeper to the parent dropping them off so they can be pagged to change diapers because by law, they are not allowed to do that.

NCL and Disney both take 2yos. I know on NCL that they give a beeper to the parent dropping them off so they can be pagged to change diapers because by law, they are not allowed to do that.

Carnival also takes 2 year olds, and they will change diapers. When my youngest turns 2, Carnival will be my favorite cruise line for the next 12 months. :)

Archived