Where do you eat lunch on the Stone Island excursion?

tink24

I'm thinking of booking the Stone Island excursion through Carnival, but I want to know which restaurant provides the buffet lunch that is included with the tour. I have seen great reviews of some of the restaurants there and I was wondering if it might be one of them. Thanks for your help!

We did the Stone Island tour through an independent and is was not good at all. I was very disappointed. Stone Island was a dump. The tour of the island was a compilation of trash piles, starving animals and poorly maintained homes. I could not wait for the tour to end.

Stone Island is not a fancy beach resort.......never was......never will be. It is a peninsula where locals live and run family restaurants and bars on the beach. It is a wonderful beach getaway and a great opportunity to see how the locals live and do business........

Every time we are in Mazatlan we always make time to visit. The people are wonderful, the food great and the beer cheap.... They are the most gracious friendliest people that we have ever encountered on our travels.....

We usually hang out at Victors.......

I highly recommend going there.......

stone-island-victors.jpgstone-island-victors.jpgstone-island-victors.jpgstone-island.jpgpirate-caves-in-sea-of.jpgstone-island.jpg

I'm thinking of booking the Stone Island excursion through Carnival, but I want to know which restaurant provides the buffet lunch that is included with the tour. I have seen great reviews of some of the restaurants there and I was wondering if it might be one of them. Thanks for your help!

I went to Stone Island through Randi's Happy Horses and we ate at Victor's right on the beach. The entire "restaurant" is on the sand including the kitchen. I enjoyed the best barbequed shrimp I've ever had. And on Randi's tour she buys the first drink. :D

As another has posted, Stone Island is a local hangout and the grub and beer are cheap, although I didn't see heaps of trash or any starving animals. The beautiful beach is absolutely deserted for miles. Quite refreshing for a change.

I believe we paid $35 for the horseback ride up and down the beach which ended at Victor's. Randi picks you up at the ship and provides all transportation. An American, she's been in business for years and has the most remarkable horses - smart, gentle, well-fed. :) She has paxs that go on her tour every time they're in Mazatlan. Very popular with cruise line paxs.

See pics below at my webshots site.

I was there last July. Stone Island is great on your own. I cannot imagine paying for a tour of it. I urge you to go to the Mazatlan board and look at all of the posts on Stone Island.

As the prior poster pointed out, the place is nice (in a rustic sort of way), the food is good and the beer is cheap. Also agree in that the people are very nice. You just have to remember that you are not in the US.

Archived