SPIRIT - New Orleans Port - March 2009

LSU007

This will be my FIRST CRUISE and will celebrating my 30th birthday (while in costa maya) with a few friends going. I have a few questions, specifically directed towards CCs who have done the NCL Spirit from New Orleans.

(1) We decided to book on deck 9 (90++ section) it was only about $25 extra to avoid being at the bottom of the ship with the hopes to have a better Inside Stateroom experience. What to expect as far as comfort (sound, ride, etc.)???

(2) How tough is it to get alcohol onboard??? And what worked or didnt work for you??? Carry on or checked luggage? (I have read the countless amounts of posts about alcohol, but I am curious particularly about NCL Spirit leaving the N.O. port)

(3) Any other comments/concerns/suggestions for this cruise going to Costa Maya, Guatemala, Belize and Cozumel??? Do's & Dont's???

Thanks In Advance,

cg

Thanks for the info.

Im thinking of just puttin a Liter of Smirnof Vodka (comes in the plastic bottle, not glass) in my checked luggage and see what happens. They catch it and I just play dumb as a first time cruiser. They don't catch it and I just saved myself $250-500 in bar tabs and gratuities!!!

(1) We decided to book on deck 9 (90++ section) it was only about $25 extra to avoid being at the bottom of the ship with the hopes to have a better Inside Stateroom experience. What to expect as far as comfort (sound, ride, etc.)???

We were in 9075 (inside cabin) and thought it was great. It was quiet, convenient, and a decent size room. We woke up our first night from the motion, but the whole ship was rocking so I'm not sure it would've made a difference if we were somewhere else.

You will have a great cruise!!

Thanks for the info.

Im thinking of just puttin a Liter of Smirnof Vodka (comes in the plastic bottle, not glass) in my checked luggage and see what happens. They catch it and I just play dumb as a first time cruiser. They don't catch it and I just saved myself $250-500 in bar tabs and gratuities!!!

They'll catch it. Guy we cruised with in December on Spirit had a Gordon's bottle (also plastic) that was only 1/3 full and they caught him and laughed their butts off. They let him off the hook however.

Get a bar setup, yeah you end up paying 2-3 times the regular price on shore but why mess with it?

We were in 9075 (inside cabin) and thought it was great. It was quiet, convenient, and a decent size room. We woke up our first night from the motion, but the whole ship was rocking so I'm not sure it would've made a difference if we were somewhere else.

You will have a great cruise!!

That first night transitioning from the delta to the gulf is definitely a rocker. We had an outside and the maintaince crew had left a ladder leaning up against our cabin. Tilt one way, no noise, Tilt the other - BANG. Figured it out in the morning and after that smooth sailing.

Archived