Does anyone book 2 excursions for the same day?

kiraryker

Or do you feel you are too rushed and miss out on the ship stuff?? Just wondering this will be a first cruise for our kids, 9, 15 & 19 and just want to keep everyone entertained.

Some do, as long as the times dont overlap you are good to go. It just depends on what type of day you want. Since many lead sedentary lives, doing 2 excursions might cause them to fall asleep at dinner :)

Since this is your first cruise, I would just pick one excursion at each port. Not sure what you mean by missing ship stuff??

Or do you feel you are too rushed and miss out on the ship stuff?? Just wondering this will be a first cruise for our kids, 9, 15 & 19 and just want to keep everyone entertained.

It depends on how long you are in port. I would probably not attempt 2 unless, they are just 1-2 hour excursions.

Some do, as long as the times dont overlap you are good to go. It just depends on what type of day you want. Since many lead sedentary lives, doing 2 excursions might cause them to fall asleep at dinner :)

Since this is your first cruise, I would just pick one excursion at each port. Not sure what you mean by missing ship stuff??

The missing ship stuff - when hubby and I took our first cruise last year on Destiny we had a port everyday and did a ton of stuff while in port - when we got back to the ship it seemed like there were so many activities going on we missed stuff.

And yeah after a whole day on the islands we cleaned up ate and were pretty much beat for the evening - but now we are taking the kids (their first cruise) and just want to make sure they experience everything.

I've done it once. We were in St Martin from 8-6 and did a horseback riding excursion in the morning and an island tour in the afternoon. The horseback riding we did on our own and the island tour was a Carnival excursion. I didn't feel rushed at all, but we got off the ship immediately after docking.

That's funny that you mentioned falling asleep at dinner because that actually happened to me when I did 2 excursions. :p We all had a good laugh over it.

I don't, for 2 reasons. First of all, I don't want to spend that much money and second, I like being on the ship when it's not so crowded. I generally take a morning excursion and then spend the afternoon relaxing by the pool while everyone else is still in port. I prefer the pool to the beach.

Depends on the port and how long you will be there.

When we do just one thing off the ship we are tired and miss some of the nightlife onthe ship. We have been known to do a tour and then hit a local place to just chill before getting back on the ship.

Archived