Cave Tubing and Mayan Culture Question

murphalina

On the cave tubing excursions, will we learn much about Mayan history and Mayan culture? Do you know if you get more of this with Major Tom vs cave-tubing.com? I am leaning towards cave-tubing.com because I want to do the combo with the ATV ride. :cool:

Thanks!

We took the cavetubing.com tour in 2007, our guide was great and talked a lot on the drive out to the caves, but I believe that he only talked about the history of Belize, not so much about Mayan culture.

Since it looks like you are doing a Western Caribbean cruise and you are interested in learning about Mayan history/culture, I recommend visiting one of the many Mayan ruins that are available to tour. I have taken 2 so far and I am fascinated with the Mayans now! These places are spectacular...and your guide will tell you all about the Mayans.

:eek:

Not very eco friendly! All that burning fuel, fumes and noise in the junglr where it's supposed to be unspoiled and natural. Shame!

Hmm. Is that true? Is the ATV tour really eco-horrible? DH and I are very eco-conscious (it's his profession in fact). The tour is on a 5 mile track in a local village where I imagine people are driving cars around too. I don't think they drive you into the middle of the unspoiled rainforest where you have monkeys scattering in fear when the ATVs start up. I could be wrong though and would be interested in the insight of anyone who has seen the tour or been on it.

On the cave tubing excursions, will we learn much about Mayan history and Mayan culture? Do you know if you get more of this with Major Tom vs cave-tubing.com? I am leaning towards cave-tubing.com because I want to do the combo with the ATV ride. :cool:

Thanks!

He doesn't offer the atv but Nacho is awesome with mayan culture. My son who is 9 was able to write an entire report when we returned with just what he learned from Nacho. Here is the link if you'd like to check it out: http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/tours.htm

We have never done any of the Mayan Ruins tours anyplace but when we go back it will be with Nacho. Last time we did Cave tubing & ziplinging & it included a wonderful lunch inside the air conditioned restaurant at Jaguar Paw Resort. A definite plus as some roll call friends that went with the other tours mentioned all were eating outside.

Archived