All day at Naussau/returning to ship

kdickers

I know there have been LOTS of info out there about Nassau and Atlantis but . . . here's my question . . .

I've booked a room at Comfort Inn (we'll be docked from 7am-midnight) but didn't know how feasible or available it would be to return to the ship periodically during the day like . . . DINNER!!!!

Also . . . I think I read somewhere about the Altantis pools closing fairly early (we'll be there in June) so didn't want to return to Paradise Island if there wouldn't be anything for our family to do!!

ANY and ALL advise and suggestions??!!!!

Kim

Hello...

From what I have read ( and this seems very clear from the Atlantis web site) you can buy a pass for $25 a day per person, but you CAN NOT use the pool , and or water slides, pool chairs, etc. This is only available for paying guest. They do not want thousands of people from the ships taking over the pools, etc .

Just to reiterate the above post...we've just returned from Atlantis and the pools are only open for hotel guests. They usually stayed open till about 6:00/7:00.

When there are cruise ships in port they up the security all round. Even as guests we were still asked to show our hotel passes, sometimes as much as 3 times an hour, so even if you were thinking of trying to sneek in, they keep it very tight!!

Just to reiterate the above post...we've just returned from Atlantis and the pools are only open for hotel guests. They usually stayed open till about 6:00/7:00.

When there are cruise ships in port they up the security all round. Even as guests we were still asked to show our hotel passes, sometimes as much as 3 times an hour, so even if you were thinking of trying to sneek in, they keep it very tight!!

I've already reserved a room at Comfort Inn and have been told that I'll have access to ALL the activities (pools, dig etc) at Altantis. Is that still the case??

I was really wondering about the availablity of running back to the ship throughout the day and if it would be cost effective. I've read on one of these boards that food costs are pretty high at Atlantis so . . . food's FREE on board . .. why not run back . . . eat . . . then return for Atlantis Round 2!!!!!!:D

Kim

There are other options on Paradise Island other than Paradise Island for lunch or even dinner. You can grab a bit at the News Cafe or Cozy Cafe at the Hurricane Hole Marina, or Pizza/Pasta from Zio Gigis. Or head to the Green Parrot outdoor Bar/Grill at the Hurricane Hole Marina. Good food, great price.

Yes, you can get back to the boat via taxi or ferry, but you should experience as much of the bahamas that you can while there. For Dinner, try Anthony's Caribbean Grill. Here's some links.

http://www.bahamasgo.com/greenparrot.htm

http://www.bahamasgo.com/newscafe.htm

http://www.bahamasgo.com/ziogigis.htm

http://www.bahamasgo.com/poopdeckeast.htm

Hi Kim

May have got things wrong, if you are at the Comfort Suites I think you DO have access to all areas, just keep your hotel keycard with you.

Atlantis is pricey; to eat in the restaurants...Marketplace buffet, $24pp at lunchtime, Seagrapes buffet, $21pp at lunchtime.

If you are around the pool areas there are various snack huts...Shark bites, the cave grill, dive in and Pisces fish & chips are all poolside, much more reasonably priced...can't quite remember the exact prices but they serve burgers and hot dogs etc. Burgers $6-$7 I think. Beer was $5.50.

If you go to Nassau, Senor Frogs is great fun especially when the cruise ships are in, its buzzing. Beer was still $5.50, Fajitas and Burritos full meals $12 to $15. Big portions and a good laugh.

How much is it to book a room and is there a web site to do this?

It depends upon where you where wanting to "stay" (or at least book/pay for a room). Altantis has their own website but when I called to check for the beginning of June a room was about $300/night:eek: .

With Comfort Inn (I just went to the comfort inn website and then to Paradise Island), it's almost 1/2 that price and you have access to all pools etc at Atlantis.

The first thing is . . . you need to see how much time you'll be docked in Nassau (in my case from 7am-midnight) so it will be cost effective for me to pay $175 to enjoy the entire area!!

Hope this helps!!

Kim

Archived