electronic vs paper documents

thriftyone

The only real difference is the paper ones are mailed to you and the e-docs are availiable online to re-print anytime you need them. Myself I am HUGE fan of e-docs for anything I can, that way incase I loose the papers I can re-print.

Also on the -docs for the luggage tags you can print that page as many times as you need for the amount of luggage you have as well as some spares in case something happens to the main ones on the way.

Just my .02 worth.

arent the luggage tags color coded to the deck youre on?? If so,.. what if you dont have a color printer??

The ones in the edocs are all the same color. I haven't gotten paper docs in a very long time so I'm not sure if they still send you color tags.

I've never printed luggage tags before.. Do you all print them on cardstock & laminate them afterwards, to prevent easy tears?

Sportsmom - I print them on cardstock and never laminated them. They usually hold up great. If you're flying I wouldn't put them on until you get to the pier though - otherwise maybe try laminating them.

As far as the coloring coding thing goes - I don't think they do that anymore.

The ones in the edocs are all the same color. I haven't gotten paper docs in a very long time so I'm not sure if they still send you color tags.

ohh ok.. thank you.. i just remember the tags being color coded.. so just checking.. thanks!!

Sportsmom - I print them on cardstock and never laminated them. They usually hold up great. If you're flying I wouldn't put them on until you get to the pier though - otherwise maybe try laminating them.

As far as the coloring coding thing goes - I don't think they do that anymore.

If you print on plain paper, fold them like they say and laminate with clear packing tape they work fine.

Thank you both for answering. :)

Well the main reason we opt for paper docs is because they come with pre printed luggage tags all ready to just peel off and slap right on your luggage.......

They come 4 weeks out.....plenty of time.

I have heard all the counter-arguments about how the e-doc tags are not trouble, but once again I gotta agree with ya. Peel and stick - already pre-printed with your info versus laminating/taping/punching/stapling...

I never recall getting pre-printed, peal-n-stick, luggage tags from Carnival. I did from Princess. Carnival, any cruise I have been on previously (last was Glory in 2006), gave the colored tags with the string attached.

Anyway, crusing on Destiny next month and opted for e-docs. So far, I like it ... I hate the waiting thing.

I really don't care if they use stone tablets as long as I get on the ship. :)

I have heard all the counter-arguments about how the e-doc tags are not trouble, but once again I gotta agree with ya. Peel and stick - already pre-printed with your info versus laminating/taping/punching/stapling...

Seriously.....why would you want to go thru all that hassle:confused: I don't get it.....but then I don't get alot of things that people do....:p

I never recall getting pre-printed, peal-n-stick, luggage tags from Carnival. I did from Princess. Carnival, any cruise I have been on previously (last was Glory in 2006), gave the colored tags with the string attached.

Anyway, crusing on Destiny next month and opted for e-docs. So far, I like it ... I hate the waiting thing.

Actually Carnival sends the same kind that Princess does now........

I don't get the waiting thing........you can't even use them until you board the ship anyway:p

Seriously I don't get why anyone would want to go thru all that hassle if they don't have to:confused::p

Carnival sends out the same tags as Princess now......

I don't understand the waiting thing.......you can't use them until the day you board anyway:p

Archived