An Overdue Compliment to RCCL

bertram182

My Family did a 9 day VOS from NJ back in Sept. We were with a group of about 30 people and it was a great time. Personally in my cabin was me, wife and 3 year old son. On certain nights @ 8, 8-30 as we saw our child passing out, we wondered if we could use a babysitter, but also thought that you needed a days notice to reserve a babysitter. As we strolled our child to the Guest Relations desk and inquired about a babysitter, they asked us which night sir, would you like a babysitter. Trying to hold back laughter and shame at the same time, I told them, tonight, in about 10-20 minutes if possible. I was told to please wait there, the Guest Relations personnel picked up the phone, had a 20 second conversation, put down the phone and asked what cabin I was in. Told him my cabin # and he said the babysitter would be there in 10 minutes. Simply amazed by this, I said thank you for your assistance, strolled our sleeping child to the room to find a very lovely lady ready to baby-sit our child. Kid sleeping, now @ 8:30, ready to go have a relaxing diner, knowing our son is being looked after. Often with a 3 year old, it's hard to judge when they will pass out, and when you will need a babysitter for them. I think we did this same routine only 2 other nights on the cruise, so we had a babysitter for 3 nights, and each time it was a last minute save by guest relations, with there backs against the wall with a request for a babysitter from me, they pulled thru, each time with professionalism unmatched. Now the kicker. I thought I was putting guest relations thru the ringer with my crazy last minute requests, We all get back to the room after a day on one of the Islands to find a Chilled bottle of Champaign in the room and a platter of chocolate Strawberries from who do you think, Guest Relations Desk, Thanking us for Sailing with RCCL, and to not hesistate to give them a call if there is anything we need. Above and Beyond is all I have to say, ABOVE AND BEYOND

It is hard to tell what day you will need a babysitter for, and it can be hard to leave them with a babysitter if they are not already sleeping. There-in lies the dilemma. Maybe it was the nice tip we left the babysitter after the first night, but either way, Guest Relations was there to serve and make our Vacation one of the bests. We never expceted to be able to get a babysitter with 10 minutes notice, but a bottle of champaing and Chocolate covered Strawbeerys to the room, that is unheard of in this day and age, unless your shelling out 20 grand for a vacation. It really made the trip that much better, to know that all RCCL employees are looking after your best intrest. Like I said before, you should tell Guest Rel. at least in the AM, that you will need a babysitter for that night, or the next, but it was like a last minute thing for us, the kid passed out, and thought we would give Guest Relations a try. They never ever dissapointed, and with a smile to boot. Thats service!!!!

Archived