Upsell Phone #

Brennbob

I am wondering if the Upsell Fairy starts calling people, will it be from an 800 number. I gave them my cellphone because that is my only phone number, and I do not want to miss the call because I think they are a telemarketer:eek: That would not be good.:D

Some have reported that it came up Private on the caller ID. I too gave my cell phone and that is the one the Upsell Fairy called.

My phone is capable of having 2 phone lines and all the screen said was "Line 1". It didn't even leave a number to identify the call even existed in the call history of my phone.

Hope you get the call. I got mine on the 5th and we were sailing on the 8th. It worked out really well for us.

Good luck

I know what you mean - I never answer my cell phone in work, ever! Yet my boss knows that at this time of year (6 weeks out from a cruise), that phone goes with me whereever I am and I answer it regardless of whether I have to leave a meeting or not.

No way will I run the risk of missing a call from my favorite fairy that sprinkles upsell dust:D.

I am wondering if the Upsell Fairy starts calling people, will it be from an 800 number. I gave them my cellphone because that is my only phone number, and I do not want to miss the call because I think they are a telemarketer:eek: That would not be good.:D

Guess you'll have to answer your phone!

Wondering, if they call, and miss you. Do they leave a message and give you some time to call back? Or do they just move down the list? In the interest of expedience, I assume the latter.

It just dawned on me, I ignored a couple of unknown calls to my cell yesterday and today! D'Ohh! :confused:

As I said in your other thread, I contacted my PCC at NCL asking how much to upgrade to balcony. He emailed me and said I should be getting a call soon. I didn't hear anything that day. The next morning I emailed him again. A couple of hours later, he (the PCC) called with the Reassignment Desk Rep on the line with him. Luckily I was able to take the call - just had to have some clients wait for me. (They were SO understanding!) The call took maybe 5 minutes. The new booking came by email a few hours later. I went to the NCL website and downloaded the new luggage tags.

They called my cellphone, the number on file with NCL, for the upsell and it came up as restricted. I was in a BA and the bumped me to an AE for a very generous price. I was expecting to pay double what they offered me. BTW I am sailing on 3/14 on the GEM out of NYC

I had my TA call NCL to see if perhaps they might need my side by side balconies and would upgrade me. NCL said yes.....for 1000.00 per person! No thanks. I will enjoy my side by sides and hope the balcony divider opens up. By the way, sailing on 3/15 Pearl.

They called my cellphone, the number on file with NCL, for the upsell and it came up as restricted. I was in a BA and the bumped me to an AE for a very generous price. I was expecting to pay double what they offered me. BTW I am sailing on 3/14 on the GEM out of NYC

Did they call you today? If so, what time? I was hoping the fairy would visit us and we're on your same sailing.

I had my TA call NCL to see if perhaps they might need my side by side balconies and would upgrade me. NCL said yes.....for 1000.00 per person! No thanks. I will enjoy my side by sides and hope the balcony divider opens up. By the way, sailing on 3/15 Pearl.

$1000pp for what?? what type of cabin

I am so hoping that I get the call from the upsell fairy. By the sounds of it this most likely won't happen until about a week before or a couple of days. I promised my husband that I would call them the week before our sail date and see if I can get an upgrade because he really wants a balcony room. Thanks everyone for the replys and info.:D

I am so hoping that I get the call from the upsell fairy. By the sounds of it this most likely won't happen until about a week before or a couple of days. I promised my husband that I would call them the week before our sail date and see if I can get an upgrade because he really wants a balcony room. Thanks everyone for the replys and info.:D

try calling ncl, i read in a post where they called them and asked them to get in touch with the upsell aka reaccommodation desk , its worth a shot

I know many want more for nothing or for a bit more, thinking in terms its a sale, but if this repeats as it was in the past with passengers calling several times a day for months, NCL will again return to its don't call us, we call you policy.

I find it incredible they are allowing anyone to call for an upsell.

Why play these stupid games? People should book the least cabin they will be happy with in the first place.

And for those sales shoppers, keep in mind you are still forking out more of your hard earned money.

I agree with this and we would have gotten the balcony at first but I told my DH no because we have a toddler. After coming on here and reading that it is pretty safe I am starting to think a balcony may be nice. Then I think if I wait a while I may get a better deal. These are the times of money crunching can't help it...

The 1000.00 per person upsell offer was from BB to AE on 3/15 Pearl. Sorry I didn't make myself clear on that. Still way to much money.

That is way too much ,unless you got your BB for really cheap, I was upsold for $200.00pp from a BA to an AE.

At 3 weeks out they should be discounting the room 30-35%, then at 2 weeks the upsells can drop to 50% off.

So lets say you paid $400.00 for your BB and I paid $700.00 for my BA and they want $1000.00 for the AE it would cost you 600 and me 300. it all depends on what you paid to start with.

I hope this makes sense

Also, the upsell phone number is not published, I recommend if you ever get lucky and get an upsell call, get the phone number and hold on to it for future use. As a previous poster stated, they simply can not handle too much volume, there was one wonderful woman who was handling 4 ships alone.

SuiteCruiser-

They called me last Thursday. Actually I emailed my NCL cruise consultant and told him I see many suites are available and Id be interested in an upsell. A few hours later I got a call from the Upsell people. I was thrilled!

SuiteCruiser-

They called me last Thursday. Actually I emailed my NCL cruise consultant and told him I see many suites are available and Id be interested in an upsell. A few hours later I got a call from the Upsell people. I was thrilled!

Was it a good savings?

I have the reassignment desk (upsell dept) phone number but I'm not sure I can or should post it. I am going to call when my sail date gets closer.

Nope you absolutely should not post it someone else did and it was promptly removed.

Archived