New latitudes perk list on NCL Site

big green

many people do not know about this--especially the ones who have booked 4 or less day trips-

also NCL promised to improve the latitudes program for the clients under 2.0--

I do not feel this was any kind of an improvement--so a press release

clarifying their position, in my opinion, is justified.

Big Green

many people do not know about this--especially the ones who have booked 4 or less day trips-

Big Green

There will be no priority tender service , priority embark, priority disembark, and no free Le Bistro... as a platinum member on any cruise 4 days or less????

Big Green

yes you will get a press release at some point which will include how the change is an improvement(PR speak) just as the New World Points BofA card press released announced that this was an improvement because now you can get more benefits elsewhere(even though you have to charge more to get them)....

A press release will probably not add anything to what you already know. They announced it to the people concerned....every latitudes member that gave them an email address(mailing a magazine is way too expensive-its the bean counter in me)

I feel like I am still missing something...

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what is so bad about the NEW Platinum perks? We lost the Capt. cocktail hour and gained free laundry and a ships tour. I have asked before and never really received an adequate answer...

Don't forget the welcome basket and the tasty treats! That must be what they are worried about. They're nice, but I'm not fretting about it.

Big Green

Where would you put a press release so that those people would see it?

Don't forget the welcome basket and the tasty treats! That must be what they are worried about. They're nice, but I'm not fretting about it.

I am not worried about those things. Food is everywhere on the ship all the time. I did like attending the Capt. cocktail hour... , but I will get over it when I stuff my laundry bag;).

Don't forget the welcome basket and the tasty treats! That must be what they are worried about. .

Yep, me also. I was looking forward to the welcome aboard basket for my next cruise (in fact we had been told we would get an extra bottle of wine since we were missed on our last cruise)...alas, I'm not gonna hold my breath now and will just have to board expecting a great cruise without that wine. :D (maybe if I whine enough they'll give me wine ;))

About those treats though--other than the choc covered strawberries, I was underwhelmed

Yep, me also. I was looking forward to the welcome aboard basket for my next cruise (in fact we had been told we would get an extra bottle of wine since we were missed on our last cruise)...alas, I'm not gonna hold my breath now and will just have to board expecting a great cruise without that wine. :D (maybe if I whine enough they'll give me wine ;))

About those treats though--other than the choc covered strawberries, I was underwhelmed

I forgot there was a bottle of wine in the welcome basket. I am not a wine drinker, so if my husband doesn't drink it, we would give it away. We get wine with Le Bistro also. I have a question?... If we have 2 rooms and my husband and I separate in each room with our 2 kids... will the Le Bistro be 2 for each room? This past time we paid for our kids in Le Bistro, we were in one room, but we are both Platinum.

About the gold/plat. perks that involve dining B/L in specialty restaurants. I remember Coca was cruising on Majesty in a regular cabin. She's platinum. She was writing about how she was eating B/L in Le Bistro.

I asked if she had booked a suite, and she said no, but was put on the VIP list, and that it all depends on if room was available for Gold/Plat. folks to eat in specialty restaurants and even then, their name had to be on the VIP list regardless of their status.

It's decided "I think" by the HD.

So, it's still very possible that won't change. Just thought I'd pass that on.

IIf we have 2 rooms and my husband and I separate in each room with our 2 kids... will the Le Bistro be 2 for each room? This past time we paid for our kids in Le Bistro, we were in one room, but we are both Platinum.

I can only guess on this but my guess is if you've got two separate booking #'s each room should get it.

At least that's what I was told about the 2 cabins we booked for the Pearl in November. My Wife-gold- in one cabin,,,,,me-also gold-in another cabin. Each with a non latitudes member traveling with us. In that way we did get latitudes pricing for them on the cruise, so it seems to me the other perks should follow also.

We really were expecting a bottle of wine in each with that extra one from when we got missed. 3 bottles of wine would have been nice for the wife & I at dinners (the others don't drink at all).

AWinkler--the only time we were on the VIP list we were informed in a letter signed by the concierge...but we had dinner one night with the HD - It was good!

Gee, the only thing I was looking forward to since it is only our second cruise was the ships pin. Guess I can forget that now.

On the up side, have an AE in less than 3 weeks, so will have some of the suite perks.

I agree.. those pins are very special.

Not sure why someone who has been on 14 NCL cruises or more would want or need a ship tour:confused: They should give a discount spa treatment or something IMO.

I'm still silver so I have a long way to go.

I belive it is a behind the scenes tour that they have been giving lately, at a $50 fee. We tried to sign up for this tour on our last cruise and it was fully booked....I'm glad we didn't pay the $50 pp then since we should get it for free next year.

I'm not sure how many times I would want to repeat this tour on the same ship.....:confused:

Not sure why someone who has been on 14 NCL cruises or more would want or need a ship tour:confused: They should give a discount spa treatment or something IMO.

I'm still silver so I have a long way to go.

This ship tour is a 'behind the scenes' tour. Sounds very cool & I can't wait to take one!

it improves their bottom line. The old benefits really showed that they care about you. The welcome basket, the use of Cagneys, the delivery of food each night, these really showed concern about you as a passenger(it was the same benifit as a suite passenger). the new benefits the behind the scenes tour(something that used to be free btw) and a special wash and clean(worth about $20 but as part of the wash it has minimal additional cost). the Cagney s and food delivery cost more.

It is part of the reason that the compass rewards were done away with. All bottom line issues. Loyalty of course has it own rewards and I do love NCL's product. My next cruise already scheduled is my 14th. The one perk that I really found useful was the Cagney's breakfast and lunch and that I will miss. I consider myself lucky as I has the use of it 3 times.

Let's be clear here... use of Cagneys WAS NOT EVER a latitudes benefit... if you received it it was at the kindness of the concierge aboard that ship OR you werer staying in a full suite or higher... not a platinum entitlement. They can't take away what you didnt have in the first place. There was never any document that proclaimed breakfast or lunch in Cagneys was a platinum benefit...

<<<Platinum Member

This ship tour is a 'behind the scenes' tour. Sounds very cool & I can't wait to take one!

The funny thing this was one of the first Latitudes or was it Embark rewards. They used to offer a Galley tour and a Bridge tour for members. I loved the Galley tour on the Norway. Remarkable with the old SS France bakery and steam powered 200 gallon kettles.

:( Gee ... we just received our first pins on our second cruise this January. Was looking forward to collecting more and showing them off on my new NCL baseball cap. Hopefully they will be available for purchase.

:( Gee ... we just received our first pins on our second cruise this January. Was looking forward to collecting more and showing them off on my new NCL baseball cap. Hopefully they will be available for purchase.

I hadn't thought about NCL selling the pins.. I hope you're right. I like the idea of putting them on a hat.

Let's be clear here... use of Cagneys WAS NOT EVER a latitudes benefit... if you received it it was at the kindness of the concierge aboard that ship OR you werer staying in a full suite or higher... not a platinum entitlement. They can't take away what you didnt have in the first place. There was never any document that proclaimed breakfast or lunch in Cagneys was a platinum benefit...

<<<Platinum Member

I know people keep saying this but its not what I have been told or observed for that matter. It was part of the VIP service. its been on again off again and back on again and I was also told by the concierge that it was home office decision whether it would be offered on a cruise(not dependent on the HD or concierge's caprice to offer it to a passenger on board)

as I said I was offered it three times and those three times, I was in steerage...believe me...

Archived