Has anyone taken a case of soda or bottled water on Royal Carribean recently

2kidsforus

When we went on our Freedom cruise, I had found out that they did not serve caffeine free diet coke on board, so I place a 12 pack in my suit case. When our luggaged arrived I unpacked the soda and found that my 12 pack had been reduced to an 11pack....I guess the bag checkers got thirsty!!:)

Was on the Monarch last week and took a 18 pack of diet pepsi on no problem, just carried through security and they didn't ask anything or even take a second look. Left the water with the porters with a luggage tag and that made it to the room no problems...

Well.. I'm certainly glad no one is having issues... I sorry to say I'll have to be the exception to the rule..

We had taken a case of soda and water on our botched cruise. When we were denied passage, I insisted we get our luggage returned. (It had gotten farther then we did). We had left the suitcase was unlocked for inspection. We wrapped them in our clothing for protection.

When I went to put the luggage back in the car, soda was running out of the suitcase. I had left a trail. The cans damaged so badly they were torn open below the rim! It was bad enough they ruined our cruise but our suitcase and clothing too? :mad:

I will certainly be hesitiant the next time around.. .:rolleyes:

Well.. I'm certainly glad no one is having issues... I sorry to say I'll have to be the exception to the rule..

We had taken a case of soda and water on our botched cruise. When we were denied passage, I insisted we get our luggage returned. (It had gotten farther then we did). We had left the suitcase was unlocked for inspection. We wrapped them in our clothing for protection.

When I went to put the luggage back in the car, soda was running out of the suitcase. I had left a trail. The cans damaged so badly they were torn open below the rim! It was bad enough they ruined our cruise but our suitcase and clothing too? :mad:

I will certainly be hesitiant the next time around.. .:rolleyes:

Why were you denied passage? Was it because of the soda?

Nope.. It involved a bureaucratic BI#$% & a typo. It's a long long sad story. So for lack of any other options...we are gonna try it again. :rolleyes:

But we were VERY dissappointed in the way our luggage was handled. It takes quite a bit of force to tear open a soda can... there were 4 of them open. We are wrapping everything in bubble wrap this year! :cool:

Thank God the BEER survived! :D

It sounds like everyone who openly brought cases of soda/water on board had no problems. I plan on purchasing my caffeine free diet coke cases and H2O in San Juan on the way to the Pan America Pier. I may either slap a sticky luggage tag on them or put them in an expandable suitcase that I bring along. Either way I will try, worse case senario, the people working the at the pier will have diet coke and water, and I will be on board the boat for a great vacation!

Not that we are going to do this now if we can bring soda and water on board, but does anyone know if they still have soda cards on RCCL still? Just curious as to how much they are now.

$6/day plus gratuity for adults.

On our last cruise I was caught by security trying to smuggle one 16oz diet coke on board. They found it when I went through their new X-ray machine, it was so embarrassing. Anyway to make a long story short, well just look at the picture they gave me.

Bob

explicar.jpg.52e6b3a08f142faac8d330704c7938bc.jpg

On the 2/8 sailing of the Voyager, I hand carried 2- 12 packs of Coke and Coke Zero ( forgot to tag them with the porter). There were quite a few people in the security line that were envious ;). No one in security said a word, the 12 packs were very visible. The only problem was having to lug them around the Windjammer for lunch until we could get into the room.

My husband and I both took soda and water on board our cruise ships. They never said a word about it. Even in port at different destinations we would find a little store and get soda pop or water (so much cheaper) and bring to our room, and put in fridge to cool. We even brought some from home and put in suit case 1 time and never had a problem with it either. So I dont think its a big deal.:)

Just off Monarch (2/23/09-2/27/09)... My husband and I each had a 6-pack of 20-oz bottles in our checked luggage, me with my Caffeine-free diet Pepsi, him with his Diet Mountain Dew. The 6-packs were in plastic grocery store shopping bags and in the suitcase with our clothes. Nothing leaked or appeared to be rummaged through.

We even ordered a glass of ice each morning from Room Service, for DH to drink his Dew.

The best was in Windjammer one day at lunch, as I enjoyed my diet Pepsi with ice provided by the buffet, some passenger approached me and said "OMG, where did you get a PEPSI? I would love a PEPSI right now!" He was sad to hear I brought it with me from Florida.

I don't know what the rules are for bringing water and rinks onboard, but I just don't understand the need when all the water and soft drinks are available on the ship. :confused:

We were unlucky enough to get behind someone bringing in a huge crate of water (maybe tonic) and other drinks through security last week. :rolleyes: The passenger held up our security line because the crate was too heavy and large to go on the conveyor belt, and through the security machine. When the security guard said that all the bottles would have to be taken out of the crate, and put through the belt separately, I though my DH was going to blow a gasket. :mad: Finally, the guard just grabbed the crate, and told the passenger to go through. I don't know if the crate was hand checked or what, but it sure did slow things down when other passengers are excited to get to the check-in desk and onto the ship. :D

Doesn't make sense to deal with the burden of extra baggage, just to save a few bucks onboard. :rolleyes:

It really does not have the much to do with the money, but WHAT is available on board. I take empty water bottles and fill them so I have water in my cooler in the room

I take Caffeine Free Diet soda, 7 up, mixed juices, etc b/c I cannot get those things on the ship. We have never had a problem taking it onboard with us, sometimes we check it, other times carry it on, but we take it on every cruise we go on and will continue to do so. Easy to take on, we never have that much that it is a problem with the scanners.

Plus - I abhor dispenser type soda, so would never drink that anyway. Have to have a bottle of diet soda in the morning, then can use cans during the day.

for me: water on board makes me swell, so I brought on bottled and they do not carry caffeine free diet soda onboard, so I brought a few of these too. I checked them and had no problem. Some people bring it on for preference and dietary reasons. DH bought the card and use it so for us it wasn't about money.

We just got off the Majesty yesterday. We brought a duffel bag filled with a 12-pack of Diet Coke, a 12-pack of Red Bull, and some little bottles of pineapple juice. We checked it with our other luggage. When it got to the stateroom, we could see that somebody had opened it and gone through everything, but everything was still there. I suppose they were looking for alcohol. No problems! :D

I'm just picking up on this thread, but I have a question...I thought that if there is a question on something in your luggage you are called in to open it in front of someone, not that they're allowed to "rummage thru" without you being present. I mean, what stops someone from taking a little something out of your luggage or adding a "little something" to it?

I'm just picking up on this thread, but I have a question...I thought that if there is a question on something in your luggage you are called in to open it in front of someone, not that they're allowed to "rummage thru" without you being present. I mean, what stops someone from taking a little something out of your luggage or adding a "little something" to it?

I thought the same thing! I was very surprised to find both 12-pack boxes opened up, and everything packed different than the way I had it! But, nothing was missing. :)

I thought the same thing! I was very surprised to find both 12-pack boxes opened up, and everything packed different than the way I had it! But, nothing was missing. :)

Were your bags locked? That's why I always lock them. I dont want anyone rummaging though my stuff.

Were your bags locked? That's why I always lock them. I dont want anyone rummaging though my stuff.

No -- there was nothing valuable in there, so I didn't feel like I needed to lock them. Besides, if I had something valuable, I wouldn't put it in my luggage, whether it was locked or not. If somebody wanted to get in, they would get in even if it was locked. lol

Archived