Has anyone taken a case of soda or bottled water on Royal Carribean recently

2kidsforus

I don't know what the rules are for bringing water and rinks onboard, but I just don't understand the need when all the water and soft drinks are available on the ship. :confused:

We were unlucky enough to get behind someone bringing in a huge crate of water (maybe tonic) and other drinks through security last week. :rolleyes: The passenger held up our security line because the crate was too heavy and large to go on the conveyor belt, and through the security machine. When the security guard said that all the bottles would have to be taken out of the crate, and put through the belt separately, I though my DH was going to blow a gasket. :mad: Finally, the guard just grabbed the crate, and told the passenger to go through. I don't know if the crate was hand checked or what, but it sure did slow things down when other passengers are excited to get to the check-in desk and onto the ship. :D

Doesn't make sense to deal with the burden of extra baggage, just to save a few bucks onboard. :rolleyes:

It's not about money with us......:rolleyes: The only soda I drink is Fresca and the ships do not have it...also, I drink Cranberry juice at least twice a day and it also is not available on the ship.

We donot bring water onboard because as you say there is plenty of that available onboard.

It is about the money with us! LOL My DH does not drink alchohol, but he does drink a couple of Red Bulls a day. The ship charges a ridiculous amount for them, so it's much better for us to bring a 12-pack with us on the ship. And, since I'm already putting that in a duffel bag, I may as well save some more by putting in some Diet Cokes and juice for me! It's no trouble at all, and probably saves us at least $60-$100! More money for souvenirs or tips! :D

I still don't understand all the fuse about bringing on outside beverages. If it is for health reasons, I can understand, but who can't live a week without their favorite beverage. :rolleyes:

I also prefer bottled water at home (also drink tap water,) but I drink the ship water. Soda is not something that we drink regularly. We did drink a coke in Johnny Rockets. All other meals we had the water or lemonade, juice, and coffee. I prefer Gin and Tonic, or the exotic drinks, but drank wine because it was less expensive. I didn't even drink the wine of my choice because the house Chardonnay was less.

I have read that some people have been permitted to carry on cases of soda and bottled water onto Royal Carribean Ships. When I called to ask they said you can not bring any beverages or food on board. If you have an open bottle of water you can bring it, but you would have to thow away the soda. if you have cruised with RC recently and had success doing this please let me know. We are sailing on Serenade of the seas March 14th. Thank You!!

We took water aboard with us on our last Majesty cruise with no problem.

Archived