Anyone NOT get off at the ports?

tink24

Beyond the comments about common sense and so forth I would caution men that the favorite place for muggers are restrooms. Give your other half your wallet and most of your cash before diving into one of these "restrooms".

Two guys I know of just got mugged in the restroom at Cabo Wabo and that's one of the last places I'd worry about it. The muggers were either cops or dressed as cops which is a hobby in Mexico for thieves.

99% of the time you'd probably be fine, but just watch it

P.S. Had it happen to me and a buddy as a teen in TJ. Same deal but they weren't "cops". I dropped a bunch of change on the floor, and when they looked down..we boogied.

We are sailing on the Splendor in November to the Mexican Riviera. Starting to get a little concerned about safety at the ports and not entirely comfortable taking my 4 year old off the ship. Will we go crazy if we stay onboard the entire week? What can we do onboard during port days? Thanks for your help.

(We live 30 minutes from the port and are only taking this trip because the price is good - $1500.00 for an oceanview for 3 people. Not interested in changing itineraries. I booked the Early Saver.)

We often stay on the ship when in port. We've been to San Juan twice and didn't get off the ship either time. We've been to Nassau so many times that we rarely get off there anymore either. Port days are a great time to enjoy the ship because it isn't as crowded. It's your vacation, do what makes you happy and comfortable.

I haven't stayed on board at a port - but I would love to - I am one of those that think that it would be wonderful to have a 7 day cruise to no where! I know that "alot" of people say that they cruise for the ports - and love to go different places - and that is fine - to each his own. I have been to Freeport & Nassau 3 times - and I doubt that I would get off the ship at either one of these ports again - but just because a cruise sailed there wouldn't stop me from booking it! I would stay on board and enjoy the day if I didn't want to get off or didn't feel comfortable getting off for any reason at all. Being on a cruise ship is better than being at home anyday!!!

Archived