Children question

cocos

Will you like children next to your dining table?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you like children next to your dining table?

• Yes, no problem
    • It´s fine if they´re not screaming
    • Only if they´re well behaved
    • I don´t think so
    • Noooo

The last cruise we went on we had our 15 month old with us. We made a huge effort not to disturb those around us. We forced his naptime to be later so he was just waking up for dinner and if he got restless one of us would take him out of the dining room to run around for a bit. Everyone around us seemed to really enjoy him. They would talk and play with him.

Unfortuantly not all parents are as aware of others, which is one of my pet peeves. And even though I have a child my self (and will have 2 by our next cruise) I admit that I do get irritated when parents don't take responsibility for their kids.

I think as long as you are making a visible effort to make sure your kids and those around you are having a good time, you shouldn't have any problems.

It really seems there's a lot of understanding for families with young children. I'll take many advices from this forum, like the early dining time, and talking with them previously about what we expect from them.

We are the kind of parents who always care about people around us not being disturbed, and if one of our kids is getting irritated one of us would inmediately remove him/her for a while until he/she calms down.

I hope we will be fine with these (and other) recomendations :o

Hi everyone! I´m 35 and planing travel to Alaska on Rydam cruise with wife, parents, and 3 kids ages 6, 4 and 10 months old. Or maybe not... My main concern is if Holland cruises are family friendly or maybe we would be best suited for a traditional family cruise like Royal Caribbean, Disney or Carnival. Any advise?

Pls no kids on HAL, thank you!

We just got back from our cruise on the Veendam with our 4 year old. We had fixed dining at 8 at our own table and it worked very well for us. The waiters definitely catered to our daughter, brought her food out with our appetizers, and then my husband would take her up to Kids Club and be back down in time for the main course so we could finish at our leisure. Our assistant waiter did make us promise not to take her to Kids Club until after the Baked Alaska parade was finished :)

Kids Club was only open in the evenings from 8-10 so I would definitely plan around that. Our daughter adored the Kids Club.

Archived