Captains circle number not recognised.....now a cruise behind!

honeymoon06

I booked my first princess cruise in the UK (where I live) just before I got married. So the booking was in my maiden name. All was fine!

We then booked our second cruise last year. This time I was married and so booked it in my new surname. I also booked it with an american travel agent this time and sorted my own flights etc.

Despite hundreds of attempts the American travel agent along with princess could not recognise my first captains circle number. When i spoke to the Amercian travel agent they would say to speak to Princess in the UK. When i spoke to Princess they would say to speak to the american travel agent!! Yet the travel agent could still not recognise my captains circle number. It was either because I had booked the first holiday in the UK and the second in the US. OR because my surname was now different.

After being exhausted from fighting it, we went along to the cruise with a new captains circle number......and so we had blue status cards again!

We're now about to go on our third cruise using the last captains circle number we had. But i've realised how annoying it is going to be in a few years when we are actually on platinum status but it won't be acknowledged because our first cruise was on a different captains circle number!!!

Has anyone had this kind of problem before?

Do you think its worth me pursuing it to get the first cruise acknowledged? I could send them marriage certificates and proof of name change. I don't see why it was a problem that i booked the first cruise in the UK and the second in the US.

It was the same cruiseline each time and I am the same person!!!

Thanks for any advice.

Talk to the Captain's Circle host on board your next cruise to fix the error. Bring some verification that you were on your first cruise like a cruise id card. It takes about a minute to correct. My wife had the same problem.

We also had to have our history corrected just 2 month ago & had it done by talking to a Circle host over the phone. It was concerning an incorrect entry of names of ships, dates traveled and length of cruises going back over 15 years ago. They accepted my word for it but I did have cruise cards, embarkation photo's, etc. if they needed proof.

Good luck.;)

I use my middle name and had booked our first Princess cruise as such in 1999. Then after 9-11 the requirements were to book exactly as my passport, which meant using my first name. Of course, I show up at checkin and get a blue card. The agent said to talk to the captain circle host on board to get it rectified. Took a couple minutes and they re-issued me a gold card. Boarding was hilarious though. We were a group of 8, and 4 were new cruisers. I was getting ribbed pretty good by the other 3 who had their gold cards. Then we show up at the gangway, and all the gold cards were being rejected by the computer, but the blue cards swiped fine. So there's the 4 newbies and me standing there ready to get drinks in hand and we are giving it back to the other 3 (including my wife) saying how we'll see them back in port in a week.

Now that we have booked on Carnival again for the first time since the rules change, I'll be going through the same thing again probably.

We have different Captain`s Circle numbers in the UK. A friend had two different ones, one UK and one US. I am sure she got them tied up together at one point. She had the same name on both.

If you aren't having any luck on the phone, I would definitely wait until you get onboard. Take proof of that first cruise in some way and see the captain's circle host/hostess. They can usually straighten out, in person, what can't be taken care of by calling Princess.

Archived