Infants and Royal Caribbean

cruising baby

What would you like to know? I can tell you about some of the programs for people with infants on Royal Caribbean. First of all, since you are doing a Southern Caribbean, the ship won't have a "Baby Zone" - a water area for kids in diapers. So just be prepared that the baby won't be allowed in the pools. (Only Freedom class, Genesis class and Enchantment has a Baby Zone)

They are suppose to be starting a diaper program this month where you can purchase diapers off of RCCL and they will be sent to your cabin. Still waiting for more details on that.

There is a toy lending program on the ships...just ask an Adventure Ocean counselor about that.

Your baby will be too young for the in cabin sitting and Adventure Ocean program but you will be able to take her to the Royal Tots/Infants program. It's for parents/tots.

Here is a recent schedule for Royal Tots/Infants from one of their ships.

IndyRoyalTotsBabies.jpg

We just returned last week from a 5-day Navigator of the Seas.The one thing that was a pain was getting hot water for bottle making.I was hoping to have a kettle in the room but was told it was not possible.So we worked it out that at 6am every morning room service would come and leave a "Thermos" of hot water.It stayed hot most of the day.I used this for the bottle making and for washing the bottle nipples (I used Playtex diposable bottle liners). Otherwise, your baby will have a hard time adjusting once they are off the ship. The reason for this is that ALL the staff treat your baby like gold. Our 9 month old son never got so much attention. The crew can't seem to do enough for you.

Archived