1st and 2nd person cheaper than 3rd and 4th?!

Hello,

Recently had a major price drop on our upcoming cruise (from $1030 a person to $649!!!) on the Independence for SB.

While it was great to have the credit, what we didnt realise (as we booked through TA who got the credit) that while the 1st and 2nd was $649 the 3rd and 4th person rate was $749.

With four people in the cabin, the obvious choice would have been to split it into two cabins, while saving $200 in the process.

Unfortunatley the price has gone back up, is their anyway to get this third and fourth person rate reduced? I didnt think it was normal to have 1st/2nd cheaper than 3rd/4th.

I know I really shouldn't be complaining as we have just saved around $2000 between all of us, but I'm kicking myself for not inquiring about 3rd and 4th (as it seemed like it would obviously be cheaper)

God Bless

faithwins

You should have jumped on it immediately when it first came up...

Call your travel agent at that time and have them change your reservation to two cabins, both at the new rate...(assuming this is prior to final payment date...You would have saved lot more than $200!!!)

Once the rate goes back up, you are out of luck...

He who hesitates is lost...

PS. Do you use a travel agent? A good travel agent would have caught that one for you...

Did you go through the motions of making a new reservation on RCL's web page to see if the 3rd and 4th person rate also decreased? This is the major reason i book directly with RCL so I can call them up immediately and get things accomplished.

Yep...it is common lately that 3rd and 4th are sometimes more $ than 1st and 2nd....it's kind of RCCL's way of wanting to get rooms booked not just volume of people per cabin. I am booked in suite on our upcoming IOS cruise....while you almost never see suite prices lower(and we didn't) our sailing just had a major price reduction....it became cheaper to book the kids in an interior across the hall from us than keeping them in the suite with us....so we saved money and now have 2 rooms:)

When I called to make my reservation (directly with RCI) it was the agent who told me there was a special Ontario or Canada resident rate on OV cabins. The same rate for all 4 of us so we got two connecting rooms! I was just really lucky as I was prepared to just take the 1 cabin and cram in. Also, when I had inquired a couple of weeks before to see if they had any connecting cabins..they didn't. These must have just opened up. So...ask the agent when calling as this was a fluke for me.

Archived