Any Excursion Suggestions?

joesrods

Hello everyone, I will be traveling on Freedom of the Seas 3/22, will be arriving in San Juan on 3/24 at 3pm and leaving at 11pm. My girlfriend and I are in our mid 20's any suggestions for excursions or things to see/do?

Thanks!

In general, you can walk around Old San Juan and see the forts, museums, shop, grab a bite to eat and just generally enjoy the city at night.

For more active things to do consider a Segway tour in Old San Juan or go ziplining.

You might even have enough time to get onto an early kayak trip into the biobay in Fajardo, and still make it back to the ship in time. March 24 will be an awesome night for the biobay -- there is going to be a very favorable moon that night!

Hello everyone, I will be traveling on Freedom of the Seas 3/22, will be arriving in San Juan on 3/24 at 3pm and leaving at 11pm. My girlfriend and I are in our mid 20's any suggestions for excursions or things to see/do?

Thanks!

My dh and I did the segway tour and LOVED it. We really had a ball. Got to see alot of old town and the fort. Our guide was outstanding answering all our questions. It was just the 2 of us when we went.

Laura

Segway tour sounds pretty good, would you happen to know how much it is for the 45 minute tour?

Thanks!

Ok I am going on remembering this and I think it was 75.00 each so 150.00 for my dh and I. We did the long tour. And just can't say enough good things about it. We did it the day our ship was sailing. We went to the ship first and checked in, got on board, dropped off stuff and then went to have the tour at 3pm.

Laura

Segway tour sounds pretty good, would you happen to know how much it is for the 45 minute tour?

Thanks!

If you book it on your own, the 45 mins cost $42 plus 7% tax. But really plan on the 2 hr tour- it is so much fun, 2hrs doesn't seem like enough!

The 2 hr tour cost $84 .

More info:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/old-san-juan-segway-tour/

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from San Juan. If you have the entire day, I would recommend a private tour. We used Victor at Countryside Tours. We hiked El Yunque, ate at local stops, and toured Old San Juan. He was great! It was $500.00 for the entire day, in a van with room for 6.

Bernie

We just returned from San Juan, on Monday. We stayed in the Old San Juan area, which is a great location. Walking distance to restaurants, bars(Senor Frogs), forts, beautiful coastline.

And company stores, such as Coach purses. My wife and daughters were thrilled with the prices! They have shopped at Coach outlet stores in Michigan; but San Juan's stores are much cheaper. The other well known stores were close by.

I also recommend a tour of the El Yunque rain forest area. Many walking trails, some leading to water falls. Beautiful views of the coast.

There is plenty to do.

We enjoyed our tour of El Morro Fort; the views from there are breathtaking and the walk there takes you thru the Old Town. Now when we go to San Juan we either pack kites or buy one from the vendor just before the grounds of the Fort and spend a few hours kite flying. There are no power lines and the ocean is on three sides -- amazing how high a kite will go. It may sound silly but we have a great time. (See photos in the link below). After we are finished we try and find someone to give the kite to so it can continue to be enjoyed then we head back down into Town for a little shopping and a cold drink.

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy:)

Archived