Yes, another soda card ??

HONEYMOONERS09

Sorry, I have been on this board for a while now and have yet to see this question come up.....If my fiance (will be my DH by the time of the cruise :)) brings his insulated mug to the waiter/bartender, etc., can he have it filled with soda using his card? I had read the cups of soda they provide are very small, and he would prefer to fill his mug to prevent several trips back and forth :confused:

Thank you in advance for your responses!!

Generally yes. When you purchase the soda card you are actually given an insulated Coke mug (around 20 oz). You can have the bartenders fill up this or another mug just by showing your sticker.

There was a Norovirus scare on the Emerald for the first day or so that we sailed and the bartenders were asked not to fill up these reusable cups for sanitary reasons.

As woodmnky said, you can usually have the mug you bring filled with soda with the soda card. I guess we've just been on differet ships than others but DH has always been served a descend sized glass of soda, never a very small glass. The only thing we've ever been served in a small glass was orange juice in the morning on our last Coral sailing where DH had to always specifically ask for them to use the regular large glass. When ordering orange juice from room service I specified on the card 2 large glasses and when they arrived they brought 4 small glasses and commented that they only used the small glasses so since I had asked for large they just brought 2 for each of us. Worked for us !:)

Sorry, I have been on this board for a while now and have yet to see this question come up.....If my fiance (will be my DH by the time of the cruise :)) brings his insulated mug to the waiter/bartender, etc., can he have it filled with soda using his card? I had read the cups of soda they provide are very small, and he would prefer to fill his mug to prevent several trips back and forth :confused:

Thank you in advance for your responses!!

Yes they will fill it, but you'd be better off just asking for a large soda. They'll serve it in the largest tumbler they have.... The large tumblers are bigger than the insulated sippy cups and you won't have to carry the darn thing around with you...:D

Archived