Stingrays AND 7-mile beach??

cruise-addict

We are really wanting to see the stingrays, and also soak up some sun on 7-mile. We will be there from 10-5. Will we have time to do both? :confused: Can we find a tour just stepping off the ship, or do we need to pre-book? I had booked with Moby-dick, but the tour didn't leave until 11:45 and would have taken up the entire time (because it went to snorkel also). Thanks for your time!!

Trying to do both is chancy, I feel. Unless you can get a ship's excursion to go both places, then you don't have to worry about being left behind. Keep in mind you have to tender, this wastes precious time. We were there in 2007 and also wanted to try and make both, but it didn't happen. We did the Moby Dick Tour (excellent!) and had the 9 a.m. tour, but still didn't feel comfortable trying to squeeze in an hour at 7 mile beach after (ship sailed at 3). We only had time for a quick "shop" run in town. If I remember right, the tour offered to drop anyone off at the beach on the way back, but we chickened out because it was cutting it too close for us. If you feel you have to choose, do the Stingrays........you can always go to a beach, but this is a rare adventure, you won't regret it.

As long as you get off as soon as you're tendered, you could do both. We're doing a jetski tour to stingray city from 1130-230, and will spend the early morning at 7mi. we're in port from 8a-4p. 2-3 hrs at 7 mile is A-OK with me! We're doing the free beach so we won't be wasting any money- just pay for the cab fare.

it can be done, but make sure you leave enough time to get BACK to the boat!!!! :eek: Our tour guide said he wouldn't bring us back to the port any later than 230p, because they don't have enough rooms for us to move into, haha.

Archived