Sight Seeing Prior to Embarkation on Tahitian Princess

czarinahil

My husband and I will be flying into Tahiti the day prior to embarkation and will be spending that night on Moorea. I really want to make sure we have a chance to visit the Marche in Papeete. I have come up with a few options and I would love to hear opinions on what past TP cruisers think will work.

1. Arrive at Faaa Airport at 6 am, store luggage at the airport, go and eat breakfast and visit the marche (all by taxi or public transportation), retreive the luggage, head to the ferry dock and go to Moorea.

2. Arrive at 6 am, head right to the ferry dock and over to Moorea, the next morning head over to the Princess dock prior to embarkation time. Drop my lugage with the Pincess people and then head out to the Marche.

or

3. Same as 2 but get to the ship a little later, board, and then leave the ship to go visit the marche.

We are already booked on a princess excursion the second day in Papeete (Circle Island Drive, Gauguin Museum and Lunch) so we can't visit the Marche then and on the last day we have a 9:30 am flight home so we can't do it then.

Has anyone done the luggage storage at the airport? Is it trustworthy? Will princess actually take your luggage early and, if so, how early? Is it easy to get on and off the ship on that first day?

Thanks for your help!!

Hilary

3. Same as 2 but get to the ship a little later, board, and then leave the ship to go visit the marche.

Since the Marche is just across the street and over a couple of blocks I would wait until you are ready to board the ship before you venture over there. That way you will have a place to put anything you might buy and just take it back to the ship with you.

The Marche has more vendors open in the AM but it is so huge, it really isn't a problem as long as you go say in early afternoon. It is closed on Sunday, in fact just about everything is closed on Sunday.

Another suggestion would be to stay in Tahiti, Moorea is very nice but for one night I'm not sure it worth the time ferrying back and forth if you main interest is in Papeete.

Either way you will be in the most incredible place in the world....enjoy.

Scott

Archived