New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

I just looked at John's blog and the vast majority of folks stating a preference said they liked then new cards.

I sent John a link to this thread so he/they can read the comments for themselves.

I mean, the 'new' Crayola Sail & Sign card won't ruin my cruise, by any stretch of the imagination, but like many other folks I'd like the crew to be able to know, at a moments glance, that I'm not a Carnival rookie!!!

:)

I just looked at John's blog and the vast majority of folks stating a preference said they liked then new cards.

I sent John a link to this thread so he/they can read the comments for themselves.

I mean, the 'new' Crayola Sail & Sign card won't ruin my cruise, by any stretch of the imagination, but like many other folks I'd like the crew to be able to know, at a moments glance, that I'm not a Carnival rookie!!!

Thanks!

And since John will be reading this thread - I have a word or two for him -- he'll "get it"...

Dream 12/3/09 - GRAND TURK - FlowRider... :eek:

:D

Tom

I agree with you...I don't care if other passengers notice the platinum, but it sure opens up dialogue with crew when I use my card and they say "what ships have you been on" or "wow, welcome HOME". I guess the crew will be used to those colors but they sure aren't very noticable. I don't like the new cards. I am with you Aggieastrofan, they look childish!

I totally agree. Not just crew members but new or less frequent cruisers too. Great conversation starter for someone to ask what ships you have been on or about certain ports.

What better FREE advertising could Carnival ask for than word of mouth for passesgers who have been there, done those ships & ports? :)

I am sure with the quantities they had to order for the fleet, changing any of the card's designs will take quite a while...even if they decided to do it today.

Like others here, the platinum card is a reward for loyalty. I fly quite a bit and my AA Executive Platinum card is Black and stands out. When you see one, you know what that flier has been through to earn that card. You appreciate the fact that he or she, like you, have been around the block a few times, and understands the system and process.

Carnival should reconsider the design (if indeed it is as pictured) so that the platinum cards stand out. For those of you not yet at the platinum level, but will be one day, you will appreciate those who are vocal about keeping the cards identifiable. It is more than status, it is a reflection of our dedication to the brand, and with that comes respect in turn by the Carnival staff and crew. We have been there before, know the drill, and have proven that we stick by Carnival even when they may not always be at their best.

[I mean, the 'new' Crayola Sail & Sign card won't ruin my cruise, by any stretch of the imagination, but like many other folks I'd like the crew to be able to know, at a moments glance, that I'm not a Carnival rookie!!!

Crayola S&S?? That one made me LOL, but it's so true!

I'm flabbergasted at the amount of people that actually like these kiddie credit cards. I think they'd look a whole lot better, and less childish, if the funnel was gold/silver for the respective cards. Although, nothing can really make that "water" look decent. :rolleyes:

No... you're not. In fact, I complained to John Heald about them last night and posted the same on his blog.

They look like they were designed by the same guy that paints the bows of the NCL ships. I think they're terrible.

I'm sure that folks will get on you about your 'Platinum doesn't stand out...' comment but I agree. There are gold and platinum levels for a reason... to recognize those who sail often/frequently with Carnival. Some tiny notation of 'gold' or 'platinum' at the top of the card is just a casual nod to one's faithfulness to Carnival...

Just my $.02...

Host MACH... please add my .02 in there as well... I HATE THEM.... I actually bypassed the "difference", from the newbies to the gold to the platinum on my first look at them. Only after reading some of the posts did I have to go back and find the gold and platinum!!!

PLEASE JOHN, I will be on the Valor March 29th and I want the old card to be there... NOT THIS ONE... YUCK, HORRIBLE, UGLY ... get the message!!! lol I am so proud of my Platinum status and I want it to be seen easily...

Really nice. It just looks more contemporary and FUN! :D

I agree, I think they are cute. And I can tell which one is for gold members and which is for platinum, it isn't that difficult.

Honestly too, I have never even noticed a difference in sale and sign cards on my other cruises. It seems to me that the only people that care are the ones that need everyone to know how many cruises they have been on. JMHO

No... you're not. In fact, I complained to John Heald about them last night and posted the same on his blog.

They look like they were designed by the same guy that paints the bows of the NCL ships. I think they're terrible.

I'm sure that folks will get on you about your 'Platinum doesn't stand out...' comment but I agree. There are gold and platinum levels for a reason... to recognize those who sail often/frequently with Carnival. Some tiny notation of 'gold' or 'platinum' at the top of the card is just a casual nod to one's faithfulness to Carnival...

Just my $.02...

Get a life it's only a card

Crayola S&S?? That one made me LOL, but it's so true!

I'm flabbergasted at the amount of people that actually like these kiddie credit cards. I think they'd look a whole lot better, and less childish, if the funnel was gold/silver for the respective cards. Although, nothing can really make that "water" look decent. :rolleyes:

Totally agree that having the funnel in the status colors would be a start. Not Platinum but I always appreciated seeing the cards of those that were. Made me think how lucky they were!

Hmmm... no doubt it will be paid for by an elimination of the Shareholder's Credit. :rolleyes:

I hope not, but we will find out fairly soon!!

Tom

:eek::eek::eek: NOOOO don't say it! I'm not willing to let go of that perk! I can live with alot of the other cutbacks but I hope they don't take that one away.

Am I the only one that doesn't like them? :rolleyes: They all look alike.

Platinum doesn't stand out like before. :(

I'm with you. I lOVE my shiny silver platinum card! These look cheap IMO.. I vote for leaving them as it.. If it isn't broke, don't fix it..

Get a life it's only a card

And it's only my opinion. If you don't like my opinion don't read it. Simple...

By the way... I have a wonderful life, full of wonderful friends who love to sail, smile and laugh. Many I've been blessed to spend considerable time with... others I've yet to meet but I know they are part of my very rich, very full life.

Wow!, I can't believe that Carnival is forgetting the faithful cruisers and letting them slide back to just "a cruiser". Please John, redesign the Platinum card so that the Platinum cruiser can be recognized easily by staff and other cruisers. Would be appreciated since in our family we have 5 platinum cruisers.

Lois:)

I just thought of this.....they want me to turn my S&S card over to a complete stranger when it has my credit card info on it?

Why don't I just turn in my wallet at the end of the cruise?

I'm not handing anything over that could potentially be exploited and expose me to financial harm.

:eek:

I don't get it, it looks like the newbie's get a blue back ground of waves or whatever they are. The 2+ cruiser's get it in gold and the 10+ is in platinum. They look different to me in the picture on the 1st page, But I still don't like them, looks to much like NCL commerical.

Paul

Does anyone have a pic of the old cards? Just want to see what all the fuss is about.:)

The old cards were plain looking, but the entire card was either blue, gold or platinum.

Easy to distinguish....not all white with a hardly noticeable colored wave.

At first glance I thought they were all the same...I had to go back anc really look at them to see the difference...LOL

:p

To vote NO on the change?? Where can we post out thoughts that Carnival will hear? John's blog??

Thanks for the help!!

John is watching this thread but you can also post in the comments section of his blog:

www.johnhealdsblog.com

Currently, the majority of folks posting on the blog like the new cards but others, like many here, would like to retain to old card and the recognition that comes along with the colors...

Archived