New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

Don't be so sure... John asked me to post a link to this thread. I'm sure the idea was to make sure that folks who read his blog (and that includes MANY Carnival folks...) understand that there are other opinions out there.

John has asked me to do this in the past and it has made a difference. Believe me, the folks at Carnival use what is posted here. They aren't stupid. This is far and away the cheapest, and probably the most accurate, marketing research information that they can find.

Oh, I have no doubt Carnival's peeking and taking stock of the opinions. What I meant was I doubt anything would be done about it because the response is mostly positive - seems to be only the platinum folks who don't like the new cards.

Here's a thought - why not keep the platinum card as-is, but change the other two?

new-ss-cards.jpg?w=594&h=768

I really like them, they look much better in my opinion!! :D I've never been fond of my solid gold card (which I will only have for 1 more cruise then I'll be platinum :D ) but I was looking forward to the old platinum card!! I wonder if they'll have these new ones on the Freedom on May 9th, 2009 (when I sail)?

If we have to start turning them in, then we will lose at least one during the cruise and have to have it replaced.

Agreed!! :D I'll also be "losing" my card at least once!! :D

Looks like everyone agrees on taking cards back, if this is a cost cutting measure, the purpose will be defeated by everyone accidently losing their card at least once, so they will have a card to take home. :rolleyes:

Oh, I have no doubt Carnival's peeking and taking stock of the opinions. What I meant was I doubt anything would be done about it because the response is mostly positive - seems to be only the platinum folks who don't like the new cards.

Here's a thought - why not keep the platinum card as-is, but change the other two?

Hey, not so fast, I like my all-gold card (and looking forward to platinum)!

Here's my thought. The Marketing Dept. has a new leader, who is honor-bound by the Marketing Brand Manager Code to put his imprint on the brand, otherwise there is no justification for him being chosen. Fair enough. If the design has to change so be it. Just keep the solid Blue/Gold/Platinum background and put the wave thingies on all three in either one color (maybe the light blue) or some contrasting color.

Which leaves me wondering... what will the new Milestones card look like?

Tom

Well - we've decided to answer that questions for ourselves - plus check out the new digs later this month!! Just booked the Sensation an hour ago :)

That's assuming that the card will be fleet-wide (or at least on the Sensation) by then.

It's NICE to live minutes from the port ! :D

Tom

Looks like everyone agrees on taking cards back, if this is a cost cutting measure, the purpose will be defeated by everyone accidently losing their card at least once, so they will have a card to take home. :rolleyes:

I am NOT handing over a card to anyone that has my picture and credit card info encoded on it.

Imagine if a handful of those cards get "lost" and end up having the info read off them. :mad:

:eek:

I am NOT handing over a card to anyone that has my picture and credit card info encoded on it.

Imagine if a handful of those cards get "lost" and end up having the info read off them. :mad:

I would doubt that the card itself actually has that sensitive information encoded on it - but rather linked to their database where it resides.

Tom

Yep... that's an excellent point, Paulie...

I'm sure that allowing the cruisers to keep the cards would be FAR cheaper than a possible law suit caused by identity theft...

You make a good point Paul. I like the old cards better if any one is keeping count.

I am not sure who designed these new cards, but they really didn't put much thought into it. All that really changed is the amount of color each card has and a little wave and splash. :rolleyes:

Bring back the old cards unless they come up with something that really stands out.

Plus I kind of enjoyed waving around my gold card in front of the people with blue ones.

JUST KIDDING. I am not a cruise snob. :D

I would think it is another way of cutting cost at Carnival. If all the cards are alike except for a little bit of color, then it only stands to reason it would be cheaper for Carnival to have them mass produced with the same logo.

I can't understand why they would ask for your card to be turned in after a cruise, :confused:I also like to keep mine for scrapbooking. However, you can bet, that Carnival is way ahead of those who say they will be "losing their cards". I somehow think they will be charging a nice little fee for a replacement card!:rolleyes:

With that said, (I'll see if I can phrase this politely) I still like the old cards, and think the new ones look rather "cheesy"! Not Platinum yet, but working on it. I vote for the Old Cards....!:)

I would think it is another way of cutting cost at Carnival. If all the cards are alike except for a little bit of color' date=' then it only stands to reason it would be cheaper for Carnival to have them mass produced with the same logo.[/color']

I can't understand why they would ask for your card to be turned in after a cruise, :confused:I also like to keep mine for scrapbooking. However, you can bet, that Carnival is way ahead of those who say they will be "losing their cards". I somehow think they will be charging a nice little fee for a replacement card!:rolleyes:

With that said, (I'll see if I can phrase this politely) I still like the old cards, and think the new ones look rather "cheesy"! Not Platinum yet, but working on it. I vote for the Old Cards....!:)

How did you like the (after face lift) Sensation? I know we were talking about that a couple of months ago. :)

Tom

Not Platinum..not by a long shot; but plan on getting there during the next couple (3?) years...and I was so looking forward to the all platinum card...so if a "gold card" holder means anything...don't like em (the new cards I mean).....

How did you like the (after face lift) Sensation? I know we were talking about that a couple of months ago. :)

Tom

It looks really nice. The dining room is elegant now. The flashing neon lights and strobes are gone! :) Even the charger plates were nice patterns and color co-ordinated. I have some pictures that I haven't had the chance to post yet of the pools area. Still had a lot of new carpet and paint smell, but it wasn't overwhelming.

I would doubt that the card itself actually has that sensitive information encoded on it - but rather linked to their database where it resides.

Tom

You could be right...but I would rather not take that chance.

:cool:

But I had to have my picture taken a second time last cruise because they said that there was none encoded to my card but one came up in the system...the had to take a new one on the card.

:confused:

IMO I've got to say these new cards are a lot easier to read with the all white backround. An easier reading card will cut down on crew members writing down the wrong folio #s when charging items & drinks in the darker areas of the ship. I do think the silver & gold waves are weird but if this helps with process, I am all for it.

Archived