New S&S cards COOL!

newt98

I'm no graphic artist, but I think what would actually look pretty good on Ash's new cards is to take out the "water". Just have the funnel in its red, white, and blue glory, and have the background of the card in blue, gold, and platinum, and I think they'd actually look pretty good. It's the swirling "water" that makes the cards look so terrible.

I agree, Mere...the new cards would look great without the water swirls and redone with Ash's version with the solid blue, gold, and platinum background!

I personally dont see what is the big deal. Sounds like the ppl who have platinum are more worried about being "noticed" than anything. If its truly all about Carnival employees knowing you are platinum, I'm sure they will know the difference. Just my opinion.

MACH - One question, It it really true that everyone has to hand in their cards, have you heard that? I know it was mentioned several times here, but no definative answer. Can you help with this? That would be an absolute bummer for me!!

I don't care for the cards, but my main concern is that when using the Platinum line at the information desk, non-platinum guests can become VERY agitated if they perceive that you are "cutting" in line. I had a woman literally accost me in line (with my children) on the Fantasy a few cruises ago because she was next in the regular line, and I walked up to the Concierge desk with my Platinum card. She actually shoved me out of the way and I just let her go in front of me. Several other times I've had people give me a nasty look, but I just hold up my card, which is easily distinguishable and actually matches the Concierge Club logo at the desk. With the new cards, it will be easier for people to think you're just cutting in line, which can lead to much unpleasantness (as anyone who has stood in the line at the information desk knows, most of the people in it are ticked off about something already and looking for a fight, lol).

This is as much the fault of the way the Platinum line is set up, as it is a problem with the new card design - but I think they're making an existing problem potentially worse with the more obscure platinum designation on the cards.

I like the mockups someone posted above, with the new design on top of the blue, gold, and platinum backgrounds. Would LOVE to also see it in black for the Milestone people. I hope Carnival can make this happen.

This is by far the silliest thread I've read here so far...it's a card. I'm just happy to be able to give my family this wonderful vacation. I wouldn't care if the card were orange. It will show itself here and there but the memories of this trip are what matters, not how others look at me and my "newbie" or "platinum" status.

MACH - One question, It it really true that everyone has to hand in their cards, have you heard that? I know it was mentioned several times here, but no definative answer. Can you help with this? That would be an absolute bummer for me!!

That was a report from LAST WEEK'S sailing on the Valor...

That does happen on occasion when the system that registers the cards fails... The only way they can verify that folks are off the ship is to collect the cards and compare them to the passenger manifest...

I'll ask John tomorrow but I think that it was a one time event...

They should have had a contest to design the cards, seems like there are a few artists that would make some nice designs

Cathy

Maybe they did................Someone's first or second grade art class :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Needless to say, (but I will anyway) we don't like the new design! But, as a compromise, we do like the mock up that Ash did if a change is really necessary.......................

This is by far the silliest thread I've read here so far...it's a card. I'm just happy to be able to give my family this wonderful vacation. I wouldn't care if the card were orange. It will show itself here and there but the memories of this trip are what matters, not how others look at me and my "newbie" or "platinum" status.

Perhaps it is silly... perhaps not.

It's part of the cruise experience. These cards also become an important memento for many of us just as saving Carnival Capers and numerous other items is important...

We have many folks here who do scrapbooks and such and they love to keep the cards.

If it's not important to you so be it! Some folks don't care about the cruise director, the ports or the Master of the Ship but some people do!

Variety and diversity... that's what it's all about...

:)

That does happen on occasion when the system that registers the cards fails... The only way they can verify that folks are off the ship is to collect the cards and compare them to the passenger manifest...

That'd be good, inquiring minds want to know!

(in a William Wallace yell)

THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR SAIL AND SIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(throws Carnival Concierge Club thermos into air, which plunges back into ground dramatically)

I'm sorry, but it's just a card. John said it still says "Platinum" on the top, so whats the big deal? I understand for scrapbooking purposes..

I'm sorry..but they look nice, it still says Platinum, Platinum cardholders KNOW they are platinum...

I guess in a crowd, there is always SOMEONE who is going to have a problem with something.

That'd be good, inquiring minds want to know!

(in a William Wallace yell)

THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR SAIL AND SIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(throws Carnival Concierge Club thermos into air, which plunges back into ground dramatically)

WOW, now I need some Drama mine!!:D

Dan

Rookie!:D

Needless to say, (but I will anyway) we don't like the new design! But, as a compromise, we do like the mock up that Ash did if a change is really necessary.......................

Aww! Shucks!

Well, I actually like the new design, but I think something DOES need to be done about the background. Otherwise, most people are just going to think that the color choices are random. Plus, last summer when I had a question, I knew I could ask someone that had a gold or platinum card because they had been there before.

Oh My Goodness...

The cards have that great funnel on them!!! They tell EVERYONE I LOVE CARNIVAL!!!

I do love the shaded backgrounds better!!! Ash... you show a GREAT idea there... a GREAT compromise...

But just be sure they let me in the cabin, on and off the ship, and charge things...

As for collecting them at the end... In May I'm losing my key on DAY ONE!!! I have a lanyard of all my keys!!! They are as much a souvenir as the Capers and treasures I buy!!!

No... you're not. In fact, I complained to John Heald about them last night and posted the same on his blog.

They look like they were designed by the same guy that paints the bows of the NCL ships. I think they're terrible.

I'm sure that folks will get on you about your 'Platinum doesn't stand out...' comment but I agree. There are gold and platinum levels for a reason... to recognize those who sail often/frequently with Carnival. Some tiny notation of 'gold' or 'platinum' at the top of the card is just a casual nod to one's faithfulness to Carnival...

Just my $.02...

Hi Mach!

I feel the exact same way....they do look like the front the the NCL ships!

I don't like them at all. I think they look like cards that should be used by kids with their cartoon like pic!

Hope they change them back. Maybe Carnival is going to buy out NCL. When they took Princess onboard we got the big screens ( my opinion is not the same as others on this). I like being by the lido pool without a tv....

I also prefer the old cards and think they should stay the way they are.

I'm also one that keeps all the S&S cards, so don't like hearing that people had to turn them in at the end of the cruise.

Me too! I have kept all of our S&S cards and want to continue. We did have to turn in our S&S card before we left the ship in 1996 and for what reason I have no idea. That was my honeymoon cruise and I miss that S&S card alot!

I hope that was the case. :D

Archived