Book now for Sept09?

ppwlee

Hi, I am thinking of booking through NCL website the pacific northwest cruise on Pearl for this sept 09. I am wondering whether I can ask for price adjustment IF the price change (i.e. drops) after I booked my cruise? Is there such policy with NCL or in general?

Thanks in advance.

I book with a travel agent and have a number of cruises booked a year out (in fact, NCL just cancelled my Star cruise for next Feb, sigh). I like to book in advance so I can make sure work time is covered and to make sure that I get my best-loved cabins on each ship. When I see a cruise sale, I contact my agent and ask her to check if the price is better. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it means trading off OBCs for a reduced price. On a Med cruise for my mom next Nov, we have had 3 price reductions and an increase in OBC. I do, however, have to ask the agent to check for me. I'm sure she hates me by now, but we have saved thousands and kept the specific cabins that we love....... My understanding is that all bets are off once you hit the final payment date......

As C4 pointed out (I like that name.. explosive.. 8-)) you can get adjustments up until final payment is due, but you might lose promotions.. of course we got an adjustment one time and ended up with $250.00 OBC that we did not have before because when we got the adjustment (which was basically a new booking) we got the current OBC offer. Also, if your prices drop after final payment, you can call NCL and if your prices have dropped enough that what you paid for your stateroom is now what the next level up in staterooms are going for, you might can get upgraded if they have the space available. Of course, again, there is a possiblity of losing any current promos. Basic rule of thumb is this. If you care what specific stateroom you get.. in other words you know you want stateroom 9232 for example, you should go ahead and book now if it is available and just take your chances. If you don't care about the specific stateroom but you do care about the specific catagory , then you can hold off and just watch the inventory to see if that catagory is going down. We it gets down to a few, you might want to book at that time. If you don't care what catagory or stateroom you get at all but care more about getting the best deal, wait until 30 or 60 days before the cruise. Of course with that last option you always run the chance of the cruise selling out. We have had a cruise booked for 8 months that isnt until this coming Nov and the last I checked, there is one cabins left on the whole ship, and it is an AB suite. So cruises do sell out.

Good luck .. Any other questoions do hesitate to post.

Archived